Chapter 1

Cameron's POV

"Elisabeth, please," I looked down at her. "Please, don't say that." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I should have let you out of that room."

She shook her head and looked down again, "no, no you should've. It's my fault, if you hadn't let me out of that room then you wouldn't be in so much danger, your mum wouldn't be missing." She looked back up at me, tears falling from her eyes.

I sit down on the floor next to her, "but if I didn't let you out of that room, then I never would have met you and meeting you is one of the best things that has ever happened to me," i say.

"But-" I smash my lips onto hers, cutting her off. I feel her freeze for a second before giving in. I grab her waist and pull her closer. I pull away from the kiss and hold her close. I feel her lean her head against my shoulder and she slowly stops crying. I lean my head against hers and close my eyes. I sway back and forth, soon I hear a soft snoring in my ear. I lift my head up and look at her, she's fast asleep.

Third person POV
Cameron gently stands up, picking up Elisabeth with him. He slowly walks upstairs, making sure not to hurt her. He takes her into his room just incase she wakes up. He lays her on the bed softly. He pulls up the blankets over her, then grabs a book and lays next to her. Cameron gets a little bit into his book before he starts feeling his eyes getting heavy. He closes the book and puts it on the night stand, he turns over and closes his eyes. Elisabeth turns over and cuddles into him, wrapping her arms around his chest. Cameron turns over and wraps his arms around her waist, cuddling into her.

Cameron's P.O.V
•An hour later•
I woke up to the smell of something burning, immediately sitting up, I looked around. Elisabeth slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes, still laying next to me. Her eyes jolted open when she smelled it too. I got up and ran downstairs, looking around the house to find the source of the smell. I got to the kitchen and I saw smoke coming from the microwave. I stoped it and took out what looked to be a packet of microwave popcorn. Looking around, I spotted Emma sitting on the couch watching something on the T.V. I put the burned popcorn in the bin and walked over to her.

"Emma?" I started.

"Yeah?"

"Were you making popcorn?" I asked.

She gasped loudly before getting up and running to the microwave. "Where is it?! Is it okay?!" She yelled.

"You burned it, it had to get thrown out," I said to her.

She lowered her head. " I just wanted popcorn for my movie," she said.

"That's ok, just make sure that next time, have someone help you," I smiled and ruffled her hair.

She nods and I make her a new bag of popcorn, she sits down on the couch happily and I go back upstairs to Elisabeth.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Emma just burned some popcorn," I smile a little bit.

She laughed a little and layed back down, staring at the ceiling. I walk over and lay down, staring at the ceiling also.

"I need to find mum," I sigh.

Emma nods, "we need to find out where she is first," she states.

"We?" I sit up.

She sits up and faces me. "Yes. We. I'm helping." She says firmly.

"No! I don't want you getting hurt."

"I can help you though." She says.

"But it could be dangerous, I don't want you getting hurt." I repeat.

"I won't, I'll be careful."

"It'll still be dangerous though. Besides, who is going to look after Emma?" I ask.

"We can take her to Jackson's house. Cameron, I'm coming with you." She says the last sentence really firmly.

"Okay, where do we start?" I ask.

"We need to figure out where she is." She says.

I nod.