Why not?

I don't know how long I sat up there, staring out at the world. Nobody knew I was here, and nobody would be coming to save me. That was certain. I was sure at least a few days passed, maybe even a week,

but I wasn't exactly in a rush.. I had all the time in the world and definitely more.

As the sun rose high into the sky reaching its peak once more, I saw something glint in the distance that I hadn't quite noticed before in my hopeless haze. I had been far too distressed over..

Well, what was next now that I was supposedly at the 'end of the road'.

It was a familiar shape, sparking something deep inside of me. For a moment, my despair completely vanished as I stared at this tiny speck in the distance. "Is that.. UA?"

Squinting my eyes as much as I could, I noticed the unique H-shape of the building.

".. I wonder if Kacchan made it in.. he probably did, after all his quirk really was amazing.." I breathed out, standing up to get a better view of it.

"Wait, have the entrance exams even started? What even is the time, how long have I been sitting up here?.."

I thought for a good moment or so, the sun even beginning to lower. Time has no rush to it. I could think for however long I wanted.
Perhaps that wasn't such a good thing..

"... Uh.." I mumbled, taking a small step forward. ".. Well, they wouldn't be able to see me, right? After all I'm gone, so how could they! Yeah, nobody would mind if I took a sneak peak.."

From the height I was at, I figured it would be easier to jump from building top to building top to reach it. Despite coming to this conclusion however..

".. O-oh geez uhh.."

I glanced down and felt my translucent knees turn to jelly.
"C-c'mon Izuku.. it's not gonna hurt anymore, let's just go, it's fine! I'm not.."

Going from jelly to stone, I couldn't bring my legs to even shuffle closer to the edge.
It was only natural I would be scared from how I died, and yet the most poisonous regret slid through me.
"I-I'm not staying up here forever, th.. there's no way that I'd.."

I took in the deepest breath I could. I didn't receive that feeling of air shooting into my lungs. It was only a movement and a sound. Nothing entered.

"There's no way I'm letting myself stay up here for eternity!!"

Yet, it was enough to spur me onwards to the next building. The long drifting jump I could now do was comforting, but the fear still lived on. When I landed I took a moment to sit down and collect myself.

I repeated this several times as I approached the building I had always wanted to enter. When I was finally in front of it, a wave of sentimental emotions crashed over me, a grimacing smile clutching at the corners of my mouth.

Walking up to the gates felt.. wrong. I had no right to be there, among future heroes who would shape the world. I was a commonplace quirkless kid in life, not much had really changed in death apart from a few new tricks I could do..

"Though, if nobody can see me, it shouldn't be an issue.. right?" I mumbled hopefully.

I realised both in a sad and happy way that nobody was going to stop me if I did enter. Nobody would notice the extra person roaming the halls, or sitting in the back of class. After all, it seemed impossible at the time that anyone would have the ability to see me now that I was six feet under.