The Observation

In the shadow of the valley
I would like to settle down
Wide open space
Wind on my face

A distant horizon
The moon on the crest
In the shadow of the valley
That I love best

You have always waited for me
And you always will be there
Sage brush and pine
Old friends of mine

A little bit further
I will find my rest
In the shadow of the valley
That I love best

———————————————————————

  The busy hallways of Aperture made it overwhelming for Theodore Kent, always having to go left and right carrying boxes of supplies, but he acted like it was not a problem at all. As he trudged and pattered across the hall he stopped at a bordered up door, he asked his coworker Dale who was just walking by "what's in there?" As he pointed to the old boarded up door. Dale hesitated and replied with the usual "it's just another one of those old storage rooms." Theodore wasn't convinced though. Later tonight he'd find what was in there for himself.

As he got home later in the evening, he pulled open his laptop and started emailing his friend Maggie about what he saw:

From:Observation0003
Subject:Weird Door Thing

Hey, there was a really strange thing that happened at work today, I passed a mysterious boarded up door in the hallway, when I asked Dale about he just replied with the usual "oh is just a storage room." Tonight I'm going to find out what's in that door

Wish me luck, Theodore.

———————————————————————

Finally, it was about time to investigate. Theodore made his way into the empty facility and stopped by that door, except it wasn't boarded up anymore. The wooden boards used to block it were scattered on the floor. Theodore pushed the door open in ease and found himself in a empty room full of foxgloves and calming music. A laptop was on the table in the middle of the room.

  Curious, Theodore opened the laptop. It turned itself on as a blank screen with one eye appeared and looked directly at him. "Wh-What the hell is that..?" He stepped back in confusion, something about this was terribly wrong.

[identifying subject....]

Suddenly, the dark room started to give itself light, an Erie blue light filled the room, Theodore felt like he was about to vomit when he saw the photographs on the wall, people he once knew that have been forced into coding in an unpleasant scene, tears started to roll down his eyes.

[admin detected.]

[identifying admin...]

He could hear someone screaming and begging outside "oh god no! Please I just wanna go home!" Theodore dropped to his knees and held his face in his hands.

[admin identified]

[admin:Theodore, thank you for participating!]