The Observation Pt.2

My girl, my girl, don't lie to me

Tell me where did you sleep last night

In the pines, in the pines

Where the sun don't ever shine

I would shiver the whole night through

———————————————————————

It was a week later when Maggie finally checked her email. Of course, she found Theodore's last email he sent to her;
From:Observation0003
Subject:Weird Door Thing

Hey, there was a really strange thing that happened at work today, I passed a mysterious boarded up door in the hallway, when I asked Dale about he just replied with the usual "oh is just a storage room." Tonight I'm going to find out what's in that door

Wish me luck, Theodore.

Maggie knew it was too late, but if she could write back, she'd try to convince Theodore not to investigate, but that happened a week ago, so he must've already did it.

  The next morning she got ready for work and headed to the bus stop nearby, Theodore would usually walk with her there but, Theodore wasn't there at all. He must have a cold or something, Maggie thought to herself. It was winter and about 30 degrees outside, so it would be normal for him to catch a cold. The bus arrived, and it rode all the way to the state park nearby Aperture, she walked all the way there and about 30 minutes later she was working in her cubicle arranged files and so on.

That's when she got an email notification on her laptop, she decided to open it. The email was from Theodore surprisingly, but something seemed strangely off about it

From:Observation0003
Subject:Obelisk

I am so glad you can make it to work today, I've been waiting forever, you don't even know how happy he is right now, we will have such a great time together,

[AdminTheodore]

Maggie pondered for a moment, closing her laptop in confusion, she decided to go grab a coffee to get her mind off of it. She walked all the way to the break room when she saw the clock, 5;56, Just 3 minutes away til' she gets to go home. She noticed a woman standing there, it was that lady that usually pulled a cart with a plate of bagels around the offices, people called her 'The Bagel Girl'.

  The lady seemed a bit nervous, clutching to her apron, Maggie didn't really feel the nerves to ask her what was going on. An hour had passed, Maggie didn't know this until the brunette lady fled in fear, the lights had shut off and Maggie stood there in the dark.

  She decided to find her way out of the facility in the dark, which was a very bad idea. She passed the strange door Theodore had talked about In the email, she heard Theodore's calm voice through the door. "Hello Maggie!" Theodore called out. "I am so glad your here, your right on time, come in! Scott's waiting for you."

  Maggie knew something was highly off, but it was Theodore, and Maggie could always trust her best friend right? So she pushed open the door, to find a room cover in a bright blue light, multiple plants and flowers hung around the walls, there also seemed to be one of those test dummy's from the turret line, hanged in the corner. Theodore was sitting patiently on the floor in the middle of the room. When Maggie stepped closer he looked up, his eyes were glowing white, and he had a big smile on his face.

  "What the hell did they do to you?!" Maggie screamed as she jumped away from Theodore. Theodore cracked his neck and stood up straight in a polite and formal posture. "They fixed me." He explained. "They got rid of my blindness and helped me see what this facility really is!" He stepped closer to Maggie, giggling softly.

"Theodore, I'm so sorr-" Maggie was cut off by Theodore's metal claws on the gloves he was wearing, shushing her. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault they met this fate." Theodore caressed her cheek gently, Maggie froze in place with fear, wanting to cry for help. "I can help avoid you meeting the same fate of those poor, poor workers." Theodore held firmly to Maggie's face.

  In a moment of adrenaline, Maggie kicked Theodore away from her, running out the door, and out of the facility as fast as she could. She didn't go to work the next day, her laptop was all filling up with what used to be Theodore's emails, taunting her and begging her to come back and save him.