Chapter 4.

I walked down the main hall of the castle. Today I chose to wear a yellow over the shoulder dress that ended below my knees. My heels were a tan skin tone color.

I had set up some meetings today because I was planning on visiting the main town and doing a lot more charity work. There was also a lot more rebuilding and modeling that needed to be done there.

Of course, when I walked into the meeting room, nobody looked at me. I walked to my father's chair and slammed some papers onto the table.

Everyone jumped and their eyes darted to me.

"Let's get one thing straight here. I, am the Queen of Juvela. Wether you want me to be or not. You will not, disrespect me, go behind my back, or be rude. I didn't ask to take this spot but you better be damn sure I'm going to do my best to honor my parents." Not a word was said from the so called allies I have.

"Now, let's get down to business."

Silence still carried through the room and I went on to speak about events that I wanted to happen. Everyone nodded their heads and took notes, some even suggested things for the first time.

When the meeting was over, I headed to the main room. Aside from the meeting room, this is where I spent the rest of my time. It was my mother's hide out place, when she didn't want to be bothered. There was this piano in there that my mother loved to play. You could hear it from all over the castle. It was such a beautiful noise, so unique as well. No one else was able to play so melodic like she could.

I ran my fingers over the keys, reminiscing for a moment. Mother taught me how to play at a young age but I haven't played in years. It felt wrong to, without her here.

"Your mother, played piano beautifully didn't she?" The same annoying voice that ruined everything.

"Yes she did, Lafonso. What are you doing here?"

"I've come to meet with some of the council members about some treaty deal. Seems like you haven't been doing your job right." He laughed.

"I've been doing my job just fine, you can leave." I stood up and crossed my arms.

"Calm down there, Princess. I'm just here to help."

"I don't need or want your help. Leave." Last time he helped he ended up costing my father his life.

"As you wish." He bowed and then left the room. I marched my way up to where the councilman usually relax.

"And who's idea was it to make a treaty with Prince Lafonso?" My voice boomed through the room. Nobody responded.

"You better get your act together and figure out who's side you want to be on before I choose for you. If I choose ? It won't be good for you." I stormed out of the room, in search of my sister.

She had riding lessons around this time but she should be finished by now.

A gorgeous black horse came trotting by with Maria on its back as I walked outside. The horses name was Midnight. She has been here since I was born but always took a liking to Maria more.

"Hey sis, can we go to town after I wash off?" Maria dismounted the horse and Fredrick, the horse handler took Midnight away.

"Of course, go get ready." She ran past me into the castle. I needed a break from here. I haven't left in almost two months.

************************************
"Queen Novela! Over Here!" Paparazzi was storming Maria and I as we walked into one of our favorite coffee shops.

The noise shut out as we finally got inside and townspeople just stared. I did my best to smile but it felt super awkward.

I let Maria pick what we were drinking and made my way over to a table in the back.

People crowded around the front of the cafè to get a look at the "royal" people. I've never liked the attention, made me feel uncomfortable.

Maria came back with two green teas and we sat and talked for a while, ignoring the staring.

"Rosa, I met a boy." Maria mumbles under her breath, staring at her cup of tea.

"A WHAT?!"