From the Moon and Back (Zayn Malik Fanfic)

This is my second story :P hope you like it, I spend foreva on this one >__<

*Mari’s POV*

“Bye, Mari! See you at home! Sorry can’t carpool, gotta go to my mum’s and babysit Frank for a while.” Megan said as she hung her apron on the coat hanger and walked out of the store. It was my turn to lock up and clean up for tomorrow. A part time job at Starbucks may earn enough money for that trip to the Caribbean my friends and I planned on taking. I stacked up the chairs and I was sweeping the dirt of the floor then I heard the door open, footsteps hurry in the shop, and mumbling. Without even looking their direction I said, “We’re closed, sorry.” I then turned around and saw five boys around my age ducking under the tables. “May I ask what you five lads are doing under the tables?” I ask walking over to them.

“SHHH! You’ll blow our cover!” A short brown haired boy whispered pulling me down of the table next to him. We waited a couple seconds and then we heard screaming, loud screaming may I add, fangirl screaming to be exact. Their screams softened as they ran pass the store and in the other direction.

“Phew. That was a close one, boys.” The blonde one said, you could hear the hint of Irish in his accent. The short brown haired boy that pulled me down pulled me back up.

“Sorry for doing that, M-Mari.” He said as he looked at my name tag on my apron.

“DID YOU SAY MARI!” a familiar voice shouted and as he stepped out I saw my best friend that I haven’t seen in two years, Louis Tomlinson. “Oh my, God! Louis! Louis William Tomlinson! Is that really you?!” I shout as he ran over to hug me. “It’s me Mar, it’s me.” he whispered as he stroked my hair. “God dammit, I’ve missed you!” I said breaking away from his hug and playfully hitting his bicep. “I’ve missed you too! How’ve you been? How’s your mum and everyone else?” He said enthusiastically. “I’m great! Got a job at Starbucks so Me, Kimi, Jordan, Thomas, and everyone else could all head down to the Caribbean later this summer. And mum’s great and so is everyone else.” I replied to his question, “How was America and all those other wonderful places?” I asked him. “Great as well! Shows were crazy, girls were great!” I laugh at him and he went in for another hug. “Ahem!” I loud cough interrupted our intimate “I’ve-missed-you-so-much” hug. “Lou, care to introduce us?” the blonde piped up. “Right! Ha, I forgot you guys were here!” He said smiling cheekily, “This is Mari, my best friend back home in Doncaster. Mari this is Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn.” I waved at the boys but Niall came over to me and reeled me in for a warm welcome hug. So did Liam and Zayn. While Harry just stood in front of me, looking at me head to toe biting his lip. It irritated me, he was looking at me like a piece of meat, I hated guys that did that. “Why don’t you take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I scoffed at him and he snapped out of his trance.

“Oh sorry, love. I mean you’re just smashing!” He said as he went back to checking me out. Louis noticed and he shoved Harry a little making him stumble upon his feet and onto the ground. “Don’t look at her like that, Harry! She hates guys like that!” he said with a little of anger and care in his tone. “Sorry, mate. And sorry again, Mari.” I gave Harry a fake smile and trailed my eyes over to the other boys. “So, what are you guys doing back in England?” I asked even if I knew the answer.

“Time off for a while to record the album, chill, and plan for the world tour!” Zayn said excitedly. 

I laughed and we made great conversation, I totally forgot about locking up the store! “Sorry, boys! Gotta close up and head on home. It was nice meeting you all. And Lou, you have my number don’t hesitate to call to hang out!” I give them all goodbye hugs and we all walked out of the shop. I lock the doors, wave goodbye to them, and walk over to my car. “Mari! Hold up!” I heared Zayn call for me. I walked over and met him halfway, I raised my eyebrows at him asking what’s up, “I left my coat under the table.” He said chuckling. I laughed with him and open the door for him to get his coat. “Thanks.” He said shyly. “No problem.” I say with a smile and I start walking over to my car again. “Wait!” he said clenching onto my arm gently pulling me back. “I’m not that great around girls I fine extremely beautiful and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow? So we can get to knew each other?” He didn’t make eye contact with me as he asked me out. I stood there in shock for a while but I managed to reply, “Well, I have work tomorrow from 12-9. And in the morning I have classes to go to.” I say in disappointment because I actual did want to go out with him. He looked disappointed too. “Maybe on your break we could head for food or something?” he suggested. “That sounds great! My break starts around 3. ” I say trying to lighten the mood back up. He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Let’s go, Zayn! It doesn’t have to take you 10 minutes to get a coat!” Harry yelled from a distance as he walked towards us. He gave me a smirk I just rolled me eyes at him. “Well, bye Mari! Nice meeting you.” Zayn said, kissed my cheek again, and hugged me. He patted Harry on the back and walked towards the rest of the boys. Harry stood and stared at me again, he was seriously starting to yank my chain. “Stop staring at me like that all the time!” I growl at him and storm over to me car. Harry laughed at his accomplishment on annoying me and walked slowly back to the boys watching as my car drove off. It’s like all he wanted was to get in my pants, but I’m not that easy. I’m like an onion, I need to be peeled a layer at a time and he wasn’t getting to me that easy.

“Zayn’s POV”

I’ve only known Mari for about two hours and she already made me feel weird inside. I’m glad I’m getting to see her tomorrow. I should probably ask Louis for permission since he is her best friend and I don’t mind if the boys know I’m crushing on her, their like my brothers to me! “Hey Lou, can I ask you something?” I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder. “Anything, Zayn!” he said looking back at me. 

“Well, I sorta asked Mari out tomorrow and I was just asking if you were okay with it.” 

“Just don’t hurt her or I’ll hurt you!”

“Ha, I’d never do that. Thanks man. I love you.”

“Love you too, Malik.”

I sat back properly in my seat next to Liam who was sleeping on the window and my eyes trailed over to Harry who seemed a bit tensed up because you could see the veins on his forearm as he had his hands on the steering wheel. He had his lips pursed and his eyes wide open. I shrugged and leaned back in my seat and dozed off. I was going to have lunch with Mari tomorrow.

*Harry’s POV*

Mari was fucking hot. I looked at her sexually the whole time and she didn’t seem to like it, I tried to stop but she was just so attractive. How her long wavy brunette hair flowed down her back, her curves in all the right places, her luscious lips and every time she smiled her perfect teeth were exposed. I was going to ask her out when I went to go check on Zayn but I ended up staring at her again! She looked pissed off and I laughed because it was adorable. We all piled in the car and I was driving. I tensed up when Zayn mentioned that he asked out Mari. Zayn? The shyest guy I’ve ever encountered in my life asked the girl out before me? I can’t believe it. I guess I have to step up my game now.

~~~~~~~~

I'll post a new chapter every Wednesday. Soooo, stay tuned! :)

-4nipsn0hips