What does it mean?

After the town meeting, you were starting to get tired from everything that's happened. Jack offered his home to you and said you could stay as long as you wanted. You thanked him for his hospitality and could now trust Jack completely since he's now proven that's he a true gentleman.

Or in this case, a gentle skeleton.

He provided you his room and when you told him it was unnecessary, and tried to deny his offer, he told you once again that he didn't mind a single bit. You were his guest and he wanted you be comfortable to the fullest extent. Jack stayed up reading Christmas books and even decorated his home with Christmas decorations.

It seemed a bit strange but kinda cute, to be honest. Once again Jack set a book aside and said, "Theres got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing"? You wanted to tell him but he then pulled out a book that said 'The Scientific method'. You smiled since he was taking this whole thing to literally but you didn't want to intervene. After a moment, you started to get tired and you settled down by the fireplace. Jack noticed and said, "Are you tired"? You nodded and Jack stood up and offered his hand to you.

You took his hand and he led you to a room. There was a large bed and you instantly figured out that it was his bed. "Oh no, I can't take your bed".

"Oh thats ridiculous, I insist you do".

"Then where will you sleep"?

"In my chair of course" he said with a smile.

"I'm sorry Jack, but I'm not taking your bed just so you can sleep in a chair. Please take your bed". Jack took your hands in his bony hands and said in a comforting voice, "It's alright. I promise I don't mind". You sighed and saw no end to this. Jack then said, "Go ahead and get your rest, I'll see you in the morning". Jack then carefully closed the door and you sat along the bed. You started to think about everything that's happened today. Your in a new world thats all about holidays.

Does that make sense to you... because it shouldn't.

When you woke up in the morning, you saw that Jack was gone. He left a note on his side of the bed that read,

"Dear (Y/n),

I went out to retrieve some equipment from Dr. Finklestien. I didn't want to disturb you while you slept. I'll be back soon.

-Jack".

You put the note aside and got up to leave the room. A familiar barking sound caught your attention and you saw Zero flying towards you, looking happy to see you. "Good morning, Zero". You went over to the large window that overlooked the small town. It was more eerie in the morning than it was at night. It reminded you of a early morning in mid January, gloomy and chilly. You didn't mind, if anything, it reminded you of home.

Home...

You then thought about your home and hoping it's still vacant and also hoping no one broke inside. "(Y/n)? Zero? I'm home". You looked over and saw Jack walking the spiral staircase. "Welcome home, Jack".

"Thank you (Y/n). How did you sleep"?

"I slept fine, thank you. What's that stuff for"?

"Oh! I'm conducting a series of experiments". You looked at him curiously but he then placed the case on the table and pulled out test tubes and other pieces of equipment. All of this just for trying to analyze Christmas? To name a few of the things he did for experiments was putting a small berry from a mistletoe and looking at it under a microscope only to have it crushed. He stuck a candy cane in a pot of what was believed to be boiling water with voltages and when he pulled it out again, it was nothing more than white and wet noodle. He attempted to make a snowflake but made Halloween flake with a spider as the shape. He also cut open the stomach of a teddy bear to examine the stuffing.