The Last Mission

"There's no such place as the House of Wendel"

-Samuel

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Finally, I found it.

I've been looking for it my entire life.

My name is Samuel Lockett, I live in Rilpaige.

I kill thieves, Mage thieves.

I work for an organization that seeks these thieves and the artifacts they steal. Their purposes, the evil, the obscene, the obscure, these are not good for mankind.

Today I finally found the House of Wendel, a mass-murderer, the biggest of them thieves, their hero, their inspiration... my target...

I won't leave his house until I got his head in my hands.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

I was at the office, packing my stuff up.

-So... Everyone is talking about you and your "mission". - Laurent told me

-Yes, I am really proud to put an end to this. – I replied

- Even the boss is coming with you, it is your moment to shine.

- Thanks Marie, I wouldn't be able to make make it without you guys.

Marie-Claire was one of the agents I trained, since the fall of the Kindgdom in 204. Many things have changed for the better, we were able to get a bigger group of agents and ambush more thieves. However, it still wasn1t enough.

As I left the office people came to me and wished me luck at this mission. I had already bought tickets to Bechar Al-alad, and would spend some days resting, knowing that the already fallen Order of the Gekus were finally extinguished. I left the building with the other co-workers.

We left for the mission, for Wendel's Death.

I was joined by the 3 most experienced and skilled agents on the company. Dr. Elderwood was a veteran mage that dethroned the demon lord back in the 170's. Dr. Pandora was a brewmaster and the best craftswoman in town. Dr. Foster was a scientific genius, his thoughts and resolves were crucial for our plans as a team.

We got to the mana ocean, looking for some lost realm between the cities, Wendel's made such a strong magic field it was almost impossible to locate the place. I was able to do so using a fragment of the walls left in the clothes of a dead thief, ambushed by our forces last week.

It was a mix of blue and red stone, some kind of magical semi-metal, the alchemists were always impressed by the powers of Wendel.

It was a shame his powers were only used for the evil.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

We got there, it was a simple hill, there was a clear blue sky above it, and on top of the hill, not a house, a structure made of the blue and red material.

-That must be it- said Elderwood.

-Wait, don't get closer yet...- I replied

It was a small house with 4 magic doors, it was made this way so every time someone enters, they enter a different place inside the house, and by that, I mean the real house, the bigger one.

-Let's enter each one in a door, at the same time. Remember, we don't know what we got inside the house, so stay safe ok? -Said Pandora, she was always cautious about us.