Chapter Four

Lauren looked up at her bedroom ceiling. For some reason she just simply couldn't sleep. Normally she never has issue with falling into slumber, but maybe the fact that a Swaylander lay at rest in her home has put her off her sleep. Whatever it was was irritating Lauren immensely. Lauren stood up and moved out onto her huge balcony, which looked out over the walls and she could see the South Of Rulan perfectly, her country truly was a serene sight. When the sun rose, Lauren was going to see exactly what Camila could do, and that was certainly something to look forward to. First, she wanted to see her throwing that huge spear. Lauren simply can't see such a petite woman doing such manly acts, it baffles her, in a good way though.

Lauren sat down on a white sofa she had and instantly thought of a beautiful melody. One her mother sang to her before she went to sleep. The Queen closed her eyes and licked her smooth lips.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree.
Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be,
If we met, at mid night in the hanging tree."

Lauren imagined her life before the throne. When she was nothing but an innocent flower who didn't understand her importance yet. That same innocent flower that played with the children in the streets as her family toured. She was still that same flower, just not mentally.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree.
Where a dead man called out, for his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be,
If we met, at mid night in the hanging tree."

Then she remembered the day she first ever sat on her throne. Wearing her mother's crown, she giggled and watched as her mother danced the massive hall with her toddler sister. Lauren had never seen her mother so carefree, surrounded by family as Lauren sat in her seat with her baby wolves at her feet.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree.
Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be,
If we met, at mid night in the hanging tree."

Camila's face. For some reason or other was the next thing her mind mustered. The way she smiled at her with such a softness, the way stood beside her, especially the way she laid with the familiars. Lauren could see her being a ruler, and that scared her just slightly.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree.
Wear a necklace of hope, side by side with me.
Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be,
If we met, at mid night in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree.
Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be,
If we met, at mid night in the hanging tree."

Lauren took a deep breath, finishing her song. Then jumping at the sound of clapping from a floor below. Lauren looked over the edge to see Camila standing there, looking up at her with a sincere smirk. "You have a beautiful voice, your majesty." She complemented, making The Queen blush slightly. "Thank you. Now why are you awake, you have a big day tomorrow?" Lauren lightly scolded and Camila raised her brows cheekily. "Says the woman who is also awake." Lauren giggles lightly before shaking her head. "Very true." Lauren remarks as she looks out onto the country view again, trying not to let the feeling of Camila's staring fluster her too much.

"Your majesty, look to the harbour, right by the big blue building. See that small brick building with the open roof?" Lauren did as Camila said and searched for what she described, finding it a moments later. "That's my home. My old one anyway." Camila explained and Lauren could just see a miniature Cabello running around the house. Playing with a baby raven. "It looks cosy." Lauren responds as she looks back down at the woman, only to find brown eyes captivating her own in their own little embrace. Lauren just raised her lips in a involuntary grin, watching the Huntress examine her.

"What are you looking at?"

"You. I'm looking at you, your majesty."

Short but sweet.