Slipping Up

Adeen

I'm losing control.

I don't know how I've kept it together this long, well partially anyway.

Looking back on things, I'll admit I have been a bit out of character lately... I've been so wrapped up on trying to please my wife and Malina, I feel myself spreading too thin. I've got to be more proactive with my plans.

"Adeen?"

I look up from my phone to see Tiana approaching me.

"Yes?"

"What have you got planned for today?"

I shrug, "haven't got much of one right now. Anything you'd like to do in particular?"

She smiles at me, "I'd like some alone time," she comes closer, rests a hand on the back of my neck.

I sigh, take her hand in mine, "we're all on this trip together. It wouldn't be fair to Malina, leaving her all alone."

Tiana scoffs, "we're in a private house on a beach, she probably wants to be left alone! I know I would be, hell she just graduated she probably plans to sneak off and find some party."

I force a smile while shaking my head instead of letting the look of disgust appear.

Tiana lives in such a small world. It's difficult for her to imagine a young adult not whoring around. No, not like her.

"I'll ask her if she'd like to do anything, if she says no, fine we'll go do something."

Tiana crosses her arms, "fine... I didn't realize I could only be with my husband under certain circumstances."

She says this then storms off. Thankfully so, I need time to think.

Malina

"Hey."

I turn around to see Tiana standing behind me, hand against her pelvis area. She still seems off, exhausted for some reason. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just woke up from a nap, have you seen Adeen?"

"Uh yeah, he left to rent a boat."

"Rent a boat? Mm, I feel seasick just thinking about it."

"You feeling alright?" I ask.

Her hand runs along under her stomach underneath her waistband.

She makes a sour face, "I've been having really bad cramps off and on, been feeling queasy too. I think it might be the meds I'm on, I'm either feeling sick to my stomach or wanting to eat everything I see."

"Want some Tums? I think I saw some in the car."

She sighs, "no I think I'll just lie down again and eat my bag of chocolate 'til he gets back. Let him know I want to talk to him if you see him first."

"Kay," I reply.

Tiana starts walking away and it's only now do I notice she's waddling just a little big.

When she leaves the room I open the sliding door and step out onto the deck.

The warm breeze carries the smell of salt as it goes.

Wow, this is surreal.

I can't believe I'm staying in a house, on the beach! Or that I'm in love with a man who treats me like a princess, and he loves me... Adeen says he wants to marry me... I look down at the ring on my hand, he wants me to be his wife.