Epilogue

Three Months Later

 "VICTORY!" SCOTT SHOUTED for all ears in the bowling alley to witness, pumping his fists into the air repeatedly.

"Dude, calm down." Justin chuckled, bumping a foot against Scott's once the rampant boy finally sat down. "We're only on the third frame. Nobody's won yet."

"LET ME BE PROUD OF MY SUB-PAR BOWLING SKILLS, JUSTIN."

"Preach it, honey." Commented Jessica.

"Woah, there!" Britt disregarded her friend, instead choosing to dive in for the rescue of her brother's sanity. She pat his back firmly. "Might wanna ease back on the throttle there, Scotty."

"He started it."

Justin, shaking his head to himself, went up to our lane for his turn. We all erupted into cheers as his ball rolled along and knocked down all ten pins. He took a bow, plopping back into his seat.

"He's better with balls than I am, and I'm gay." Jimmy pointed out, bringing snickers from the rest of us.

"Harp, it's your turn." Jasmine alerted me, nudging my arm with hers softly.

"You guys know that I can't bowl." I groaned, nonetheless leaving my seat to choose a ball. Feeling the weight of the colorful sphere in my hands, I silently wished for an other-worldly force to help me get a strike. A deep breath drew from my lips, feet carrying me across the floor and my hands tossing the ball down the lane. I watched with bated breath—

Only to knock down four lousy pins.

My second ball wasn't any better, relieving the lane of one less pin.

"You'll get 'em next time, babe." Jasmine encouraged, tugging me onto her lap and pressing a swift kiss to my cheek. My stomach erupted with the same feeling I experienced every time we were close, cheeks likely turning pink.

"Stop, my heart can't handle it!" Jessica screamed, holding a hand to her chest dramatically. "Why are you guys so cute? God, I want a girlfriend."

"It's not that big of a deal." Justin teased, reaching over Scott to squeeze Britt's hand. Her face darkened in color as she shied away from his gaze.

"Yuck." Scott grimaced, watching the entire interaction with disgust. His expression was quick to change, however, once his eyes landed on the figure rushing towards us.

"Hey, guys!" Danielle greeted with a cute smile, slightly panting. "So sorry I'm late! I was meaning to take a quick nap, but that obviously backfired."

"Don't worry about it!" Scott dismissed the conflict briskly, swatting his hand through the air as he approached the girl eagerly. He pulled her into a tight hug, missing the way her cheeks inflamed. "I'm—We are just glad you made it, Dani."

Jasmine and I shared a knowing look as I leaned closer into her body, heartbeat accelerating as she kissed my bare shoulder.

Danielle was still fairly new to our group of friends, but we treat her like we've known her for longer. She had caught our eye towards the end of junior year. Some old-fashioned bullies were giving her a tough time, so Britt and I put them in their place. Danielle had thanked us profusely, claiming that she was forever in our debt. After that day, we all gradually took her under our wing. Even though she was close to our collective age range, she was like a little sister to all of us—except for Scott, of course.

Danielle identified as a transgender female. She began life in the body of a man, spending most of her childhood in discomfort because she knew that it wasn't her destiny. She was still impatiently awaiting for her bottom surgery to be scheduled, her parents willing to accept her life decisions. They had been worried at first, wanting to ensure that this was what their child really wanted, and it was. They stuck with her through thick and thin, something that I loved about her story.

As goes for my parents and their path to acceptance on my love life, they were slowly but surely coming around. Mom never had too much of a problem in the first place, taking into considering the infatuation I harbored for Selena Gomez during childhood. Not only that, but she shared with me that watching my interactions with Jasmine always reminded her of how she fell in love with dad.

Speaking of dad, he allowed mom to convince him into giving me and Jasmine a chance. He wasn't entirely comfortable with this new addition to my life, but I couldn't find it in me to care.

Taking a small peak at the beauty behind me, eyes twinkling and teeth shining, I knew that I had made the right choice.