Chapter 6: Together

Hello! Another chapter is here! My thanks to KeefePowers, SophShips, LolaP1, 21bmadi, kotlcJill, and BookishBaudelairs, Sophitz_all_the_way, and Fitzphy for their comments. Thank you as well to KeefePowers, hershey2007, LolaP1, vackerfamily, kotlcJill for voting. Thank you KeefePowers, Kotlc18fan, kotlcSuperFan, and BookishBaudelairs for adding this story to their reading lists. A special thank you to SofitzLover19, KatieMargaret3, and Bhuttery for following me!

I am terribly sorry for taking so long to update!🙁 I have been juggling my Wattpad fanfics with homework, writers block, and two more original stories that I am trying to develop enough to post on Wattpad. Thank you so much for staying with me!🙂 You guys are amazing!

Sophie blinked back tears of her own. Her stomach felt like a rock, tense and hard. She felt horrible. She hadn't meant to upset Linh, she hadn't know that there was an order for dancing. It hurt to be called clueless, though. It was bad enough she knew so little about the elves customs and lifestyle, sometimes Sophie felt like she would've never catch up. She shoved her feelings deep down, determined to keep the remainder of the evening happy. She noticed Fitz walking towards her and quickly brushed her tears away.

"My mom gave her permission." Fitz said with a grin.

Sophie's stomach erupted into butterflies and she tugged out an eyelash. She had never been on a date before. She was seventeen and Fitz was nineteen, but even though they had liked each other for years they weren't really boyfriend and girlfriend.

"I should probably ask Grady and Edaline." Sophie groaned. She was dreading the torturous lecture that Grady would give her, "But I will do it after the Gala."

There was no way she was getting lectured with all the other girls around.

"It's pretty loud in here. Do you want to go outside so we can talk." Fitz asked, "I have some time before they miss me."

"Sure." Sophie replied.

They walked out in silence to Everglen's beautiful grounds. Fitz found part of the garden that was somewhat private. There was a stone bench and a reflecting pond filled with water lilies.

Sophie breathed in the fresh, cool, lily-scented night air and watched the fireflies float around. She sat down on the bench and smoothed her dress. Fitz sat down next to her.

"How has Biana been doing?" Sophie asked.

"She's been good." Fitz replied.

"How about her and Tam?" Sophie asked.

Biana and Tam had started dating a few months back.

"They seem to be doing fine. I talked to Tam." Fitz grinned, "He's not quite sure what to do."

Sophie smiled thinking about Biana's outgoing personality, with Tam's private, more reserved one.

"Biana's taken him shopping several times. She's practically redone his whole wardrobe."

"I hope they stay together." Sophie mused, "I think they would be good for each other."

"I feel bad for Keefe, though." Fitz frowned, "He was rejected by both you and Biana."

Sophie immediately felt guilty. She hadn't meant to hurt Keefe's feelings, but they had been very distant for awhile after that. Sophie stared at the water lilies. Fitz watched her, concerned.

"I don't regret it, though." She whispered softly, looking at Fitz with a smile.

"Neither do I, and it wasn't even my decision." He replied with a teasing grin.

Sophie laughed, "What if I changed my mind? What would you do then?"

"I would wait until you changed your mind again."

"What if I found someone else?"

"I would still wait for you."

"Oh really?" Sophie teased.

"Yes, really."

"Even if one of the other girls in there," Sophie pointed to the glowing windows of Everglen, "asked you out?"

"Nope."

"Not even if it was Linh?"

Fitz hesitated, "No, but speaking of the other girls, I should probably get back there."

"Probably." Sophie agreed reluctantly.

"Will you wait for me?"

"Yes."

"Be back in a few minutes."

Fitz stood up and walked back down the sandy path towards Everglen's glowing ballroom. Sophie watched the fireflies as the danced around the water lilies. She sighed.

"So, what was that all about?"

Sophie spun around. There stood Linh and Ariana.

Thanks for reading! Sorry it took so long to update.

Stay magical!

CoordinatedChaos😘