Epilogue

Hi! I'm back! So to clear up any confusion, by regular updates, I mean every other week. Sorry, but I'm very busy with life and stuff. 😕 I'm sorry, I forgot to put my normal thank yous in last chapter, but just know that I am very thankful nonetheless. I haven't had time to mention every one in this chapter, but thank you to everyone who commented, voted, added this story to their reading list, or followed me! It means the world! Now for the epilogue!

(Linh's POV)

Linh sat next to Biana, Marella, and Edaline on a squishy sofa, watching Sophie worry in front of her spectral mirror. Soft warm sunlight trickled in through the tall windows, giving the large room a dreamy look. Sophie smoothed her beautiful, white dress, studying herself from different angles. Her hair was arranged in a elegant updo that twisted into beautiful braided bun. As beautiful as she looked, Linh could tell she was extremely nervous. She tugged out an eyelash and turned to Linh, Biana, and Marella.

"Oh, I'm so nervous."

"Why?" Biana asked, tilting her head.

"That much is obvious," Linh started. "But why? This is basically everything you've ever dreamed of."

"I know," Sophie fretted, "I just want everything to be perfect."

Linh and Biana glanced at each other.

"Sophie," Biana sighed, "You have been planning this for over a year. You have triple checked every single detail, and Linh and I have also checked everything."

"I promise, nothing is going to go wrong today." Linh smiled, "Relax, Sophie. Try and enjoy it."

Edaline gracefully stood up and glided over to stand next to Sophie. She rested her hands on Sophie shoulders, gentle massaging them. "Linh is right, you know. Relax, and try to enjoy what should be the happiest day of your life." She said with a teasing smile.

Sophie gave a nervous smile back, and smoothed her dress. Creamy pearls speckled the lacy sleeves and bodice. The smooth silk swished as she turned around to look at everyone. "Well, what do you think?" She asked.

"Hmm," Biana mused, "Perfection."

"Stunning, absolutely gorgeous." Linh added.

"Cute!" Marella winked.

"I still can't believe my beautiful daughter is getting married." Edaline sighed, giving a small, sad smile.

Sophie walked over to where Edaline was standing and hugged her tightly. Linh could see silvery tears leaking out of Edaline's bright eyes.

Edaline finally broke away. "I think it's time." She said, her voice hitching. She handed Sophie her bouquet of white and pink flowers.

They all walked into the hallway before the room where Sophie was going to be married. Sophie paused before walking through the door. She took a deep breath in and released in softly. She squared her shoulders and glided slowly into the main room and down the aisle. Biana, Linh and Marella walked behind her, holding their bouquets of pale peach and white flowers to match their bridesmaids dresses.

Fits stood at the end of the aisle, unable to keep the grin off his face. Sophie walked up the stairs and stood next to him. Linh, Biana, and Marella stood beside her. Linh could see Edaline out of the corner of her eye, taking a seat next to Grady, in the space reserved for the brides parents.

Once, Linh had dreamed of taking Sophie's place, of this being her happy ending. As she watched Fitz and Sophie, beaming, oblivious to everything but each other, it just reinforced that her old dreams were never meant to be.