Chapter 4

"General Blade." Reporting her name, Sonya's voice caused a sigh of relief to fall from Jacqui's lips. Looking over at the barely conscious Shaolin, the Specialist applied pressure on the wound, urging the other to keep awake with gentle reassuring words of "Help is coming," and, "You're going to be fine."

It was crazy to think that earlier that day they had been arguing. Insulting each other over everything they could. Yet now, when one was hurt, the other was quick to help.

"This is Specialist Briggs. I need a medic now. Kung Jin is hurt, severely, and we have reason to believe Takeda is in trouble. Sergeant Cage has gone after him." Speaking in a voice trained to be calm, Jacqui looked at Kung Jin, who's head was leaned back, eyes closed.

A few moments of silence passed before a voice cut through it. "Kenshi, Johnny, and your dad are on our way. Stay still, keep Jin awake. We're bringing a medic with us. We'll be there soon. General Blade out."

Within moments, the sound of a helicopter carried throughout the area, and in Jin's mind, he knew no longer to underestimate a 'we'll be there soon,' from the General. Glossed over eyes opening slowly, his vision faded in and out, glance landing on a former actor, then a former soldier, and finally General Blade, with Kenshi not too far behind.

Seeming to march towards them with purpose, General Blade crouched besides the wounded archer, looking at Jacqui before she assessed his wounds. "Get him to the helicopter, there's a medic inside." She directed, before her eyes softened, and she nodded once at Jin. "You're going to be fine." The blonde reassured, offering a smile usually rare. Jax made his way over, once gestured to by his daughter, and after quickly checking to make sure she was okay, he helped lift the archer up, who in response to the sudden movement, gave a pained groan.

Sonya stood to her feet, turning on her heel suddenly to enter the castle Cassie and Takeda were still in. She took a step towards it, when a hand on her shoulder stopped her. Turning her head, her eyes landed on Johnny, who shook his head.

"You're not going in there alone." His decision was final, and though the General wanted nothing more than to give a sharp tongued reply, she knew the dangers of going in without enough allies on her side, now especially that two of Earthrealms were stuck in there, while one was injured and the other just barely made it out.

Kenshi reached up to adjust the blindfold covering his eyes, grasping Sento's handle. He took rushed steps toward Sonya and Johnny, eyes narrowed beneath the cloth.

"I'm coming with you two. You'll have no chances on defeating all those revenants and getting Cassie and Takeda back without enough help."

"We need you here, Kenshi." Sonya replied, shaking her head at his words. "Jin's hurt and we can't have anything happen to our medic. We need Jax to come with us -"

"Then take Jax and I, as well. Jacqui can stay with Jin, she's capable enough to protect him. With all due respect, General, my son is in there. And I'm far from willing to lose him again."

With empathy in his eyes, Johnny nodded, refusing to let Sonya make Kenshi stay to watch the two Earthrealm heroes he knew were safe for now. The fear of losing a child was something no other pain could compare to, and Johnny knew losing Takeda a second time would affect the swordsman greatly.

"You're coming with us," He answered, ignoring the subtly given sharp look Sonya directed his way, smiling gently at the swordsman, who nodded once in appreciation.

Entering the helicopter, Sonya's gaze landed on Jax. She nodded, exiting the vehicle, as the former revenant stood, looking at Jacqui.

"Stay here. Keep Jin and the medic safe. I don't care what happens, I don't want you coming after us -"

"Dad, I'm not a kid." Jacqui voiced, stepping towards her father. "I trained to join SF, to protect and save lives. If anything happens, I'm not going to sit here and let you and everyone else get hurt. If there's even the smallest chance I can do something -"

Jax nodded, sighing gently. "If you don't hear from any of us, within twenty minutes of entering, call for backup, wait for them to arrive, then move in. Understood."

With a grin, Jacqui nodded her head once. "Understood."

She watched as the soldier before her turned, exiting the helicopter, then turned herself, eyes landing upon her wounded ally.