Chapter 7: "Why?" "Why what?"

Hi...

I'm back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 " We made it into town?" I asked to no one in particular since I was in a little hotel room, well more like a hospital room.

" Ya... we made it" I just woke up and all that I see is one of the healing specialists or medics as we call them. The white room started to look more like a hospital the more I looked around. There was a small table set with realistic flowers in a vase, saying that this is a game after all. After what seemed to be hours of silence (it was just a few minutes) Merry and Rose came in along with another friend of mine. Before I could get a word out my XXXXX spoke up.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked nervously hoping that he wouldn't ask me what I thought he would ask.

"Nothing... we should probably head back outside." I mentally sighed knowing that he wouldn't ask that question.

After that awkward encounter I decided that it was best to leave him to his thing. I didn't want to anger him. Merry looked at me ethier judgingly or caringly. Merry then left the room without a even saying 'bye'. Rose picked me up suddenly ignoring my alarmed protest and helped me to my feet.

" soooo... how's your head doing" Until then I hadn't realized that my head was banaged. I walked over to the mirror and moved my hair back. A big crimson spot was held under the bandage, my curly hair blocked it from view. I also noticed how torn up my clothes were, almost every torn area had a bandage under it with that same crimson red.

" I didn't even realize that it was so bad before you told me." I said just a hint of emotion in my voice. " We shouldn't stay here too long. I don't want to have worried someone.'' Guess what? Immediately when I tried to walk to the door... I fell. On the floor. I didn't even step before I fell too!

" A-are you okay?"

" I don't even know anymore." I said even though I knew she couldn't understand my muffled voice.

" Well anyway, you should rest for another day, Acron" Then she just left.

Not that it mattered, anyway. I stay down as I let the darkness around me swoon me to sleep.

Tuesday, xx/xx/20xx

Game day...

I walked into the store with XXXXX. We had scraped up enough money to buy each of us the new game. We read the beta testers reviews and that only made us more excited, we did lots of small jobs in order to get enough money. I even had to kiss Em for 10 bucks (it was a dare from a friend).

A few hours later we bought the game. The Vr sets as well, the game only works with certain Vr sets, everyone else in line looked at us like we were known criminals. I couldn't even see myself but, I knew me and XXXXX were grinning like madmen.