Chapter 5: Talk of Incident

~Nathen Vasphil~
Time: February 7, 10:10 PM
Place: Highway, In the Car

As the traffic light turned green, father pressed the pedal and pursued driving. The streetlights shined turn by turn as the car moved through the highway. The radio played a soothing music, giving a bit of good mood in this dead-quite car.

Leon was by the left side of the back seat, while I was in the front seat. I could see him by the front mirror. He kept gazing at the city lights. It was hard to tell, but I can see a faint of smile on his pale face.

Leon rarely leaves the mansion. He only leaves the house for important occasion... like this one. It must be hard for him to socialize as he barely talks to anyone. And even if he wants to leave, he is chained by fathers order to not leave. Leon's loyalty towards father has completely blinded him.

The radio pumped up as it announced, "Vision Broadcasting Station has been serving for about 15 years as a source of news, knowledge and entertainment. To celebrate the 15th anniversary, VBS will soon not only be serving as a TV station, but also as a Radio station."

"Wonderful, isn't it? My business is growing." father chuckles with a bit of bragging in it. "Yes, father." I replied. VBS is a station created by non other that John Vasphil, my father. He started this as a project out of nothing. Just him, some friends and determination was all they had. One of his few friends being Walter Prime.

"Nathen. You did well there." he appreciated as he kept on steering. "You managed to keep Erson long enough for me to talk to Prime."

I just kept silent. I didn't know how or why that task was important. I wanted to ask what that was about... but I couldn't.

"Leon." father called.

"Yes, sir."

"I want you to check on Amaya as soon as we get home."

"Okay, sir" Leon replied with his eyes on the ground... His hands were shaking as he held them tight. "Leon. Are you okay?" I asked in concern. He kept silent as he didn't hear me. "Leon!" I called out. "...huh?" he stared in confusion. "Hmm... I'm okay!" he said. "Sir! Are we there yet?" he asked in a trembling voice. "Leon! We will get there when we get there!" father blared.

"We interrupt this program with a breaking news." interrupted the radio reporter"Late night, the famous actor, Walter Prime, was found dead in his own hotel."

The car stopped in the middle of the highway as father stared blank. "W...W-Walter... he... he's dead." he muttered, shocked by the news. The cars were honking, but father didn't give a single care of that. "Father..." I said, not really knowing what to say. Father said as he stuttered, "He... can't be..."

"The police are currently investigating. We can't say much for now."

Father took a while to calm himself and he continued driving, and the entire time, no one said a single word. It was quiet.

After some time we got home, and father headed into his room. Leon also went to his room in a rush, completely forgetting the order given by father. I didn't bother reminding him. He didn't seem right. Maybe he was stressed of going out after being stuck in this house.

I went to Amaya's room, thinking of the things I should say to her. She probably felt lonely... of course she would be lonely.

I knocked on her door, "Amaya! We're back. Do you mind if I get in?" She didn't reply, but I could hear sobbing by the other side of the door. "Amaya!" I called out. "Yes..." she finally replied. "I am getting in." I said, slowly opening the door. I poked my head into her room... and there she was on her bed... covering her face with her pillow... and crying.