Chapter Two - The Conversation

So, I'm going to add an OC into here and a talking Spike lmao. Enjoy :)

Twilight Sparkle's POV
I was at the park, because it's the only place my, let's say adopted, little sister would be comfortable going every week. Kate was in middle school, but is 10 years old. The thing is, she was highly intelligent given to me. I guess her parents shot a beam at her or something, because she also had a secret that only me, her, and Spike, our dog, know. Anyways, she and Spike were on the playground having fun, and I was sitting on a bench, reading a book, and I looked up, seeing her, Rainbow Dash, walking towards me. Why would she come up to me out of everyone? Next thing I knew, she was sitting next to me, talking.
"Hey," she said, "Looks like we meet again."
"Yeah, looks like it." It was pretty weird to me, until I saw this orange-skinned girl with purple hair sit next to her.
"So," I spoke, trying to spark up a conversation, "what brings you here?"
"This is my sister, Scootaloo."
"Hiya!"
"Well, I actually took her under my arm since she didn't exactly have parents, but I call her my little sister. We came here so she could try out her fixed scooter," Dash said as Scootaloo started riding on her scooter. It surprised me how she also had an adopted sister.
"That's interesting, I also have an adoptive sister. Her name is Kate, but she has a hidden backstory. I guess that's why I don't really talk to anyone, though it seems easy for me to talk to you." I could've sworn I saw a shade of pink come from her face, but I shrugged it off. "We live alone with our dog Spike, and the only outgoing place she's used to is this park."
Literally, as if on key, Kate and Spike come up to us.
"Umm, Twily," I heard Kate whisper in the cutest voice ever, "I wanna go home now. I have to finish my book for English and I need to practice my kicking."
"Oh, okay, we'll go home in five minutes, okay?" She nodded, gripping on to Spike as if he were her only friend. "I want you to-"
"Wait, Kate?!" Scootaloo screamed.
"Scoots?"

Third-Person POV
The two middle schoolers faced each other, then walked toward each other.
"You never told me you had a sister?!" They both said, which left Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle staring at each other then staring back at them.
Then Rainbow asked, "You two know each other?"
"Yeah, we're best friends," Scootaloo replied.
"Okay, maybe we can stay longer, Twi," Kate said, facing Twilight as Twilight giggled.
With that, Kate and Scootaloo went off, playing with the scooter.
"Anyways, before we were disrupted..." Rainbow Dash spoke.
"Right, this is Spike, and that girl was Kate."
"Your sis, Kate, how old is she?"
"She's 10 years old, but had to transfer to 8th grade after being able to teach the 7th, 6th, and 5th."
"Wow, that's new."
"Heh, yeah, but she's also good at sports."
"Oh yeah? We'll see how good," Dash scoffed, which only left Twilight giggling.
Dash looked at her phone. 7:15. She had to go home and get ready for Pinkie's party, but she hated to leave Twilight here.
"Sorry, Twi- I can call you that yeah?" Twilight nodded.
"I'm sorry, I have to go. I promised my friends I'd be at their sleepover at 8, and I have to drive home and pack an-"
"Shhhhh..." Twilight placed her finger on Rainbow's lips, signaling her to stop talking, which made Dash's cheeks turn a little red. "I understand. You don't have to explain for me. I still have to finish my studies and Kate has to do homework, anyways. Here's my phone number."
Twilight pulled out a post-it and wrote her number on the paper, later giving it to Dash who put it in her pocket.
"Thanks.."
"Yep."
"We're friends now, right?" questioned Rainbow.
"Of course," replied Twilight, giggling. They both stared at each other for two minutes, until two little sisters came by with smirks on their faces. The two older siblings just turned away, both blushing into red.
"Well, see you around Twilight."
"You too."

Twilight's Sparkle's POV
That was weird. Have I developed feeling for her? No, we've only known each other for less than a day, she's just a friend. But her eyes have a fire, that just makes my heart skip a beat. And her athleticism matches her body so well. Wait, what am I even saying? Why do these things come to mind? I should only be focused on Kate, Spike, and my studies. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Uhh, Twilight, you okay?" I heard Spike whisper.
"Spike?! You're not supposed to be talking in public!" whispered Kate in a quite louder tone. "But seriously, though. Are you okay, Twi?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess." I know they could see right through me, but I couldn't tell
them. Not in public, so I waited for us to get in the car. When Kate shut the door, I turned on the car, started driving, and vented, telling them everything I was thinking.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in," replied Kate in a mature tone. Even though she was 10, she could act like a teenager anytime. "Sometimes, it's hard to stop thinking of someone. You just have to live with it. Or you could tell Dash how you were feeling, but you have us, if that's helpful."
"Yeah, we're a supernatural family. I mean look at us. You're basically Einstein Junior, Kate has superpowers, and I'm a talking dog." That statement from Spike made me chuckle a little.
"Hey! We're not supposed to speak of that lightly. It's still new to the world..." pouted Kate, which made me chuckle more.
"Thanks, guys. Even though my family is still in New York, I love you guys the most," I said, my voice almost cracking as I held back a tear. We then arrived at home, where Kate went upstairs to finish reading, Spike went to his room and started playing with a ball, and I went to the basement where vials of different elements were being mixed. A few hours later, after studying the molecules created, I received a text message from an unknown number.

It's okay, Twilight is safe. No one harmful is texting her. :)
Also, I'm planning on making my next chapters hit at least 1.5k words, since the two chapters have been leveling to around 1.1k.