Prologue

He was always weak, useless and unloved. He was told he could never achieve his goal of becoming a pro-hero. But in the end - in the unbelievable end - he knew that his goal was intangible, that it was hanging by a thread in front of his face just out of reach. Teasing him and driving him to the brink of insanity.

Although, one day something happened, something in his little mind couldn't take it anymore and he clenched his teeth. He wrapped his teeth around something soft, so soft that his teeth easily cut through it like it were cotton candy. At that moment, he had never tasted something so sweet run across his tongue, sending a shiver down his spine as the colour coated his mouth and lips a fetching scarlet. The colour streamed from his mouth as widened eyes looked at him in horror, and he felt nothing. He didn't feel a single thing as he moved closer to other, sneering in disgust at one of his bullies.

How sad; how utterly pathetic. They claim they hold power when they are nothing but ants to be trampled on. Disgusting.

His tongue ran over his bloody lips, his teeth stained a faint crimson as he silently admired the deep bite marks on the vile thing's arm. But for this filth, they did taste quite nice. A giggle rose from the ten-year-olds lips, emerald eyes igniting with sparks of insanity that danced in his eyes like stars in the night sky, "You shouldn't cry... You don't deserve too; disgusting thing."

His voice was soft and floated in the air but stuck like lightening on a stormy night as it was absorbed by the crying bully. A crooked grin spread across his thin lips as he wiped his thumb across his bottom lip, crimson coating it as he traced down the other boy's cheek, smearing a red trail down his face, "Now... Be a good boy and go away."

Izuku huffed he pushed the boy away from him, using the back of his small hand to wipe away the blood, only smearing it further across his face. A frown adorned his lips as he walked over to a near fish pond to wash his hands. Looking at himself in the reflection of the water as he gently brushed his fingers on the surface of the water, his face rippling as he giggled wistfully. He knew he shouldn't have bit his bully, but he couldn't control the nagging voice in the back of his head, telling him to do it. Telling him to rip a chunk of flesh out with his teeth, telling him that is what that boy deserved.

Without him realizing it, this event was the first domino that led to much more falling after him and in overall he couldn't care, but others did. It started with small actions of him biting at his nails or his lips, but it grew to him chewing on his fingers till they bleed.

These small actions grew to the point when Izuku had reached the age of twelve he had bandages going from his fingers to half way up his arms. Inko tired many things to get him to stop, the one that was currently working was having his arms wrapped in thick bandaging. She tried to get the answer on why he was hurting himself this way out of him but, she was never met with an answer until now. His words were soft and wistful, his bandaged fingers gently resting against the sides of her face as he smiled warmly, "I do it because it feels right and... I can stop if you want... I can find a different less harmful replacement."