i. one

. . .

camille had never really been one for college parties. she didn't hate them per se, but she probably wouldn't attend one if she didn't have to. tonight, however, she did have to. her friends had dragged her along, insisting they'd have fun — and they did, until one of them decided to go home with some guy and the other promised to be 'back in five' over forty minutes ago. subsequently, camille was left all by her lonesome. she grabbed another beer and walked over to a nearby corner where she could observe the crowd from afar.

"cami!" at the sound of her nickname, she snapped her head to the side to meet the owner of the voice; one of her best friends, kennedy. "i've been looking for you!" veronica watched as her friend stumbled over to her, the arm of an unknown, equally tipsy girl around her waist.

"i haven't moved-" the brunette started explaining, but soon cut herself with a half laugh half sigh as she realised there was no use trying to reason with her intoxicated friend. kennedy informed her that she would be leaving the party now ('don't expect me back tonight wink wink') and before she knew it, camille was the last of her friends left at the event — there was no use leaving early as she had already been drinking. the girl felt she must have looked strange standing alone in the corner while everyone else mingled but didn't care enough to do anything about it, however it wasn't long before a tall blond boy took up residence on the wall next to her.

"you look lonely over here." the voice came from her left, and camille was thankful it was somewhat quieter over here so people could talk without having to yell in each other's ears. he didn't seem to be hitting on her, merely stating a thought. the brunette looked around and didn't seem to notice anyone else nearby he could be here with.

"so do you." at this he cracked a smile, turning to face her.

"my mate ditched me for some girl earlier," he playfully rolled his eyes, "what's your excuse?"

"both my friends ditched me, honestly what's the world coming to?" she joked along, earning a laugh. "i'm cami," she extended her arm.

"luke," he smiled as he shook her hand.

"i'm gonna grab another beer," she announced after a minute, "want one?" he nodded with a quick 'please'. after almost ten minutes of struggling to weave through the crowd and locate the kitchen, camille finally returned with two beers in hand and offered one to luke which he gladly accepted.

it wasn't long before camille was intoxicated enough to start dancing while loudly telling luke how much she loved the song that had just started playing, before grabbing his arm and dragging him into the crowd; the blonde boy was just as drunk and therefore had no reservations about dancing alongside the girl.

"you're fun," she laughed as she spun around and leant in to speak so the boy could hear her over the noise. "we should be friends!"

luke smiled, "give me your phone for a sec." the brunette hastily pulled it out of her bra — yes, she was using it as a pocket — and handed it over to the boy, who quickly entered his number into her contacts before returning it. not long after that a new song started playing, and both quickly noticed others pairing up for it. luke placed his hands on veronica's hips and pulled her towards him, feeling somewhat bolder due to the alcohol. he kept them there as she continued to sway to the beat, unbothered by his actions. in fact, she decided to bring out some of her better, sexier moves now that luke had given her the opportunity. the two of them were getting into it until the song ended and camille abruptly stepped back from the blond.

"it's getting late, i'm gonna head home," she started, enjoying the confusion evident on his face. she then leaned right into his ear, brushing her lips against it, "you're welcome to join me." the boy's expression of confusion quickly turned to one of excitement as he followed her through the crowd and out into the night.

. . .

before he even had the chance to close the door behind them, cami had already pushed luke down on her bed before kicking off her shoes and crawling on top of him. she pulled his head up to meet her in a heated kiss as he gripped the hem of her top and pulled it over her head. the brunette soon started fumbling with the buttons of luke's shirt at the same time he unzipped her pants and pushed them down her legs. she moved her lips down to his neck where she started working on a lovely purple mark.

"shit," luke moaned, hastily reaching down and fumbling with the zip on his pants. cami put her hand on top of his, halting him from removing his jeans. she sat up in a straddling position as the blond boy moved his hands to rest on her thighs.

"wait," she commands breathlessly. "it's just a hook-up, nothing more..." her hand slowly started moving over luke's jeans where she had placed it before, causing him to curse under his breath. "this is a no strings attached kinda thing, alright?"

"i know," luke practically moaned, "stop being a tease." the girl grinned before swiftly removing his pants and discarding them on the floor with the rest of their clothes.

"gladly." before she knew it, luke had flipped them over and desperately brought their lips together in a passionate kiss.

. . .

𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎!

it's been forever but look who finally uploaded! this chapter isn't the best but if i keep rewriting every time i'm not 100% happy with it, nothing will ever be uploaded. anyways i hope you enjoy, and as always feedback is appreciated :)  — lily