Chapter 2

Edit: 05/07/2020

I've pretty much just completely redone this chapter. If you lot are reading this before I put out the next chapter later today, I just want to say thank you so much for your support. When I published this story, I wasn't really sure what kind of feedback I would get for it (it was just an idea, really), but you guys seem to love it, so I've decided to continue.

Problem is, unlike with all my other stories (published and unpublished), I had no plan or even an inkling of where I was going to take this. It was kind of just a vibe for a darker more over-powered Percy. Unfortunately, plot-wise that can't work, so I've gone back and changed a few things. I've left the entire first chapter untouched, so there's no need to go back and re-read that except to refresh your memory.

Again, thank you all so much for your comments and support, and please keep them coming! :) See you again later tonight!

Goodbye, my lovelies! :3

He heard him before he saw him. Not because his movements were particularly loud, but rather because of the hush that followed in his wake. Wherever he went, they stared. Hardened SHIELD agents, acting like high schoolers when the new kid walks into the cafeteria.

The constant buzz of conversation as his people went about their business was suddenly dulled. He could almost see him in his mind's eye, ever-present swords strapped to his back as he strode down the hall, uncaring of their blatant curiosity.

The door slid open and then closed behind his best agent with a whoosh of hydraulics.

No... not an agent.

"You asked for me". Director Fury turned from his place by the window and considered him.

An ally.

"I have a mission for you." He threw the file on the front of his desk for him to take, and it landed with a heavy slap. "Our world has recently been on the receiving side of a loss in negotiations with the Asgardians. I assume you've been brought up to speed".

"I was made aware", he replied shortly, voice and expression as emotionless as ever.

"Loki is returning to Earth". He looked up at that, something that wasn't quite surprise, but rather closer to interest coating his features.

"Why?".

Fury returned to his spot by the window, staring out over the city from their place on the 56th floor. "To serve out his penance for his actions during his last visit. He's been stripped of all but the most basic godly assets and cast out from Asgard until Odin believes that he has learned his lesson", he said, a distinctly sarcastic tone entering his voice near the end.

His lips twitched into an almost-smirk, nothing more than a flashing of teeth before he got back to business. "And his containment?".

"Left to 'our discretion'", Fury replied, irritation dripping from his every word. He hummed, flipping through the file until he got to a summary page with a picture of the trickster god smirking up at him from the snapshot pinned to the top left corner. "He will be kept in a special storage unit that has been installed in Stark's Tower. I'll be calling in the rest of the Avengers to stay there for the foreseeable future to ensure that he doesn't cause any problems".

He closed the file and lazily leaned against the corner of Fury's desk with a put-upon sigh. "And you need me why exactly?".

Fury's reflection glared at him through the window. "Insurance. Loki has proven himself to be cunning and manipulative. If he were to escape, the council agrees it would be better to have your skills to subdue him".