Chapter 3

A/N:

You asked, and so I shall deliver!

Hey, guys! It's been a while, huh? I'm really super sorry about that. For once, writer's block was not at fault. This story had me worried for a long time, 'cause I did try to write it. I did, I promise! But it just didn't come, and it took a while for me to realize that it was because the way I had written Percy was too over-powered. As cool and badass as he was, there was no way a plot could work with him like that. Plus, re-reading it, it was also a bit OOC for him. 

So...I decided to rewrite him, which luckily for me didn't take to much re-configuring seeing as there were only two chapters and prologue (again, sorry!). I've left the prologue and first chapter completely as they were, but I've completely rewritten the second chapter, so before you re-read this one, I highly recommend you re-read the story with the changes included.

Don't worry, the changes aren't drastic, more subtle so that Percy can become a part of the team and be more balanced with everyone else. He is still a god, his domains are still the same, and the ship is still Poki. I just wrote him so that he was still slightly more as he was as a demigod.

Now then... Now that that's out of the way, can I just say: Thank you all so much! The support for this story has absolutely blown me away, and I can't thank you enough for all your nagging. I love all my stories, but sometimes I get stuck and it's only thanks to you guys that I motivate myself to keep going. So give yourselves a big hug from me!

The Dying of the Light is officially back on the update roster (Yeah!). This has been my longest note ever, so I'm gonna shut up now. I hope you all enjoy the chapter!

Goodbye, my lovelies! :3 :3

Percy disappeared as soon as he was absolutely sure that no one could see him. The mortals didn't know who and what he was. As far as they knew, he was just a freelance fighter skilled with a sword who was willing to do some work for them. They didn't need to know the rest. Even though the gods had betrayed him and utterly destroyed any small bit of loyalty he still had for them after the war, the same could not be said for the demigods. They were still his family, and he would not expose them. Not for anything.

He reappeared in Stark's tower in the middle of a stylishly decorated living room high above New York City. He had to admit, it was a nice space, and the view was excellent. He'd only had time to admire it out the large floor to ceiling windows for a couple of seconds when a sudden voice scared the crap out of him.

"Who are you?".

He wheeled around, eyes narrowed as he hadn't felt whoever it was enter the room. But no one was there.

"You are not in my database of known associates. Please state your name and intention or the authorities will be notified".

The voice, which sounded strangely like what he imagined an old-fashioned British butler might sound like, seemed to be coming from the ceiling. "Umm... My name is Perseus. Fury sent me", he said suspiciously, feeling utterly ridiculous talking to the ceiling.

"Nicolas Fury is known. Do you have identification?", the voice continued.

"Umm... no?".

Before the disembodied voice could respond, the elevator doors opened with a ding and the Avengers plus one rather disgruntled Jotun entered the room. "Oh there you are", Percy said, interrupting whatever conversation they'd been having, "I was beginning to think you'd somehow managed to get lost".