6

a/n; most stranger things fans are switching to aidan gallagher fans, but they only support him and not the whole cast. why tho ? anyways enjoy this update.

"This last song is dedicated to you," The static voice of Richie drifted lovingly through the air. The others listened patiently, waiting for the last song to grace their ears. Eddie bit his lips, his heart thumping at imagining Richie was talking to Eddie.

"Dedicated to the one that's always been, but never was. Mazzy Star, folks," Richie sounded quiet and soft in his voice, and Eddie breathed in his aura like a breath of fresh air. Eddie should be angry with Richie, should feel upset that Richie had recklessly kissed him for reasons unknown, risking the stableness of their friendship.

However, as 'Fade into You' played dreamily into Stan and Richie's living room, Eddie felt his lips tingle slightly as if they were remembering Richie's lips of fire. The ghost of a kiss, one so quick and stupid, yet Eddie wanted more of it.

Richie had rushed out of this dorm room before Eddie could even move out of Richie's bedroom. He didn't return since the radio show started at 7 pm and he had bolted out around 6:30. Eddie went back into Richie and Stan's room, laying down on Richie's bed. He smiled into Richie's cold pillow, breathing in Richie's scent.

As the song ended, Eddie snapped back into reality as he heard Bev's voice. He wasn't paying attention to the words the redhead spoke, apologizing to her in his mind. But all he could think about was how firm Richie's lips had been on his own, and how fear flashed through his pretty, dark eyes before he turned away.

The night continued with Stan and Ben talking about the movie 'The Sandlot'. Stan was in stitches when Ben mentioned how dumb the boys must be.

"I love the movie, but, really? You lose a ball over a fence and they never knocked on the guy's door to ask for it back?" Ben was shaking his head with a humorous smile. Stan looked over at an insulted Bill.

"But they were scared to! The guy had a reputation for being crazy. Why would they knock on a crazy guy's door, Ben?" Bill leaned forward, lips jutted out into a pout. Ben opened his mouth, looking like he would give in and agree it wasn't logical for 12-year-olds to think like an adult, but Stan interrupted with a snort.

"Bill, you know it's a dumb plot," Stan rolled his eyes playfully, crossing his legs in the process. Ben shrugged, giving up on trying to choose which boy was right. Bill shot Stan the glare Eddie has only seen given to Richie when he cracks a bad joke or Georgie when he walks into their sleepovers unannounced.

"It's a baseball movie about kids. How can you be such a cruel critic?" Bill pointed at him accusingly, but Stan seemed like the type of person to brush off being at gunpoint let alone Bill's ego.

"You just think the lifeguard is hot, that's why you like that movie, right?" Stan scoffed, lazily lifting a hand to shoo away the topic. Bill stuttered over a gasp and Stan's name before Stan shut out the conversation completely.

"Hey Eddie, nice shirt," Stan said suavely, suddenly looking Eddie's way. Eddie let out a surprised 'oh', looking down at the pale yellow sweater he had on.

"Thanks, Stan. Nice face," Eddie responded fondly with a grin, pulling his sleeves over his hands coyly.

"Are you serious, Stan? The lifeguard?" Bill exasperated, obviously stick stuck on the conversation Stan dismissed moments ago.

Stan smirked at the Denbrough boy knowingly. Ben and Eddie exchanged lost expressions, before smiling at each other at sharing the moment of confusion together.

" You hear that, Bill? Eddie thinks I have a nice face," Stan ignored Bill in a bland voice, but the smirk still lingered on the boy's thin lips.

Bill's face contorted in what Eddie would only describe as a mixture of befuddlement and embarrassment. The tips of Bill's ears slowly turned scarlet as he bashfully looked away from Stan's unwavering stare.