8

"Wanna go to the movies tonight? That 'Bronx Tale' movie is out," Bill asked the lot of them, looking around the room for an answer as he looked up from his comic book. They were all hanging out in Stan and Richie's room on a sunny Saturday afternoon, the day was October 2nd, 1993. The first month of school past quickly as they all adjusted to classes and time schedules.

The second Bill had asked about going to the movies, Eddie's eyes shot to Richie. The curly haired boy had been in mid-sip of his coke can. The dark brown eyes connected with Eddie's light brown ones. Eddie knew all the other Losers going to the movie would give Eddie and Richie alone time. He just wanted to know if Richie wanted to see the movie or not.

"I heard it was good from Eric," Stan replied, not looking up from his algorithm textbook. Eddie watched Bill's face tighten into a small scowl, before looking back down at his comic.

"Eric saw it already?" Bill's voice sounded as if he was pouting, and Eddie knew Bill must not like the Eric kid Stan had brought up. All Eddie knew about Eric was that he was on Stan and Bill's baseball team. Stan mentions him every now and again, much to Bill's dismay.

Stan shot Bill a hard gaze from over his textbook, legs crossed in a similar manner to a woman waiting for her hair to be done at a salon, magazine in hand.

"He saw it after practice on Thursday. He asked me to go, but I knew you wanted to see it so I declined," Stan nonchalantly admitted to being asked out and turning it down for none-other than Bill himself.

Eddie watched Bill's big, blue eyes look up at Stan in amazement. It seemed strange to Eddie, that Bill was so surprised Stan saved the movie for the Losers. Wouldn't any of them turn someone else down? Stan smiled smugly at Bill's response before looking back at his book.

"I'm in, sounds pretty interesting, with all Mafia stuff. I heard it talks about race issues back in the '60s, too," Mike added with a grin, his arm stretched out behind Bev, who was busy concentrating on her outfit sketches for class on Monday.

"I love when history meets action," Ben agreed, smiling over at Mike from the other side of Bev.

"Almost finished with this piece, so I'm in, too," Bev's voice rose in an almost monotone manner as if having any other tone will screw up her steady hand holding the pencil.

Eddie's eyes returned to Richie, who already had his eyes on him. Richie rose his eyebrows in question, nodding towards Bill. Eddie knew Richie was asking if he wanted to go see the movie. Eddie thought for a moment, before shaking his head sheepishly.

Richie bit back a smile, slightly winking at Eddie as if to say 'No problem'.

Eddie fought a goofy smile, before looking away.

"Damn, Denbrough, you chose the worst day. I need to study for my English quiz coming up and Eddie promised me he'd help," Richie leaned back casually, taking another swig of his Coke as Bill frowned at Richie and Eddie, before shrugging.

Eddie wishes he was as smooth of a liar as the Tozier boy. I would make life much easier.

"Damn, wanna reschedule for tomorrow then?" Bill politely offered and reassured with a smile.

"No need, buddy boy, I don't wanna stop all the fun," Richie whisked away the thought, waving his hand at Bill humbly.

"Besides, we have a team meeting tomorrow evening Bill. Remember?" Stan's emphasized the last word, raising an eyebrow at Bill. It reminded Eddie of the way he and Richie had silently communicated about going to the movies or not. He wasn't sure why, but Bill swallowed thickly before flustering out a quick, "Oh, right,".