Secrets

Everything is dark. 

It's way to dark, too dark for my liking, and that's saying something.

It's quiet and cold.

This must be some kind of demigod dream, it feels real, and I know that this is happening. It's a demigod dream.

Nothing's happening though, what's going on?

"Hello?" I call out. "Is anyone there?"

Nothing.

Then, something.

The scenery around me changes, and I'm now in my father's study. He's sitting at his desk working, when is he not? He looks up from his papers and stops. His chair pushes out and his body rises. He briskly strides over to me.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"I'm fine, but why am I here? Isn't this a demigod dream?"

"Yes, I need to talk to you."

Fear flashes through me, but I push it down. My dad isn't that person anymore, he isn't. He takes a seat back into his chair, and motions for me to sit in the one directly across. I drag the chair back, and pull it forward as soon as I am seated. I sit straight and fold my hands together, then I look him in the eyes.

He takes this as his que, "We need to talk about your new family."

I nod.

"Of course Diana knows, but no one else does. Now that they saw you fight, and you mentioned camp, and the fact that Will is there; you're going to have to tell them."

My eyes widen, "I get to tell them that I am a demigod?"

"Yes, and that you're my daughter."

A small smile creeps onto my face. I look down at my hands and a bigger one forms. "Thank you."

He smiles at me and gets up. He takes my hand and leads me over to an empty part of the room. He leans in close and whispers goodbye into my ear. He kisses my check, and then nothing. All I see is blackness. But, I can hear him. I can hear Will.