Chapter One ~ Arriving Back At The Falls ~

I leant forward, picking my bag up as the bus arrived at Gravity Falls. The memories flooded back as I shook Mabel awake. She mumbled, opening her eyes slowly. She jumped up, leaving me to take her bag too. I groaned, slinging it on my shoulder.

Crap, this is heavy!

I almost fell over with the combined weight.

"What the heck have you got in here?!" I grunted, dragging them off the bus. I opened it, and sighed. "Boyz Mag? How many issues?" I sighed.

"All of them! I've got to have something to do over the summer!" She snatched her bag away, running up to Grunkle Stan. "Grunkle Stan!" She laughed, running into his arms.

"God, you're getting taller every summer!" He looked at me, grinning. "Late growth spurt. Just like me!" He patted my back.

"Yeah, Mabel. Who's the taller twin now?" I smirked as she crossed her arms. She was about two inches shorter than me, and she acted like it was the end of the world.

"Shut up!" She punched me playfully. "Or I'll make you carry my bag!"

"Okay, Okay! I don't want to break my back!"

----------

We walked into our attic room, and apart from some dust here and there, it was exactly how we left it. I opened the window, allowing the room air. I quickly swept the windowsill, and hung up my clothes. I made the bed, and threw myself onto it.

"Back at the falls. Feels great, doesn't it?" I sighed happily.

"Yeah." Mabel was interrupted by a knocking on the door downstairs . Grunkle Stan opened it, and there was some muttering. Then a yell.

"Mabel! Your friends are here!" My sister couldn't get up quick enough, flinging the door open and racing down the stairs.

"Candy! Grenda!" I heard alot of giggling, and smiled. I stared out the window, blocking out the sounds downstairs. I listened to the birds, the pine trees rustling in the warm breeze.

"Can you see me?"

What? Am i hearing things? Am i tired?

"Can you see me?"

Who am I meant to be looking for?

"Bro Bro!"

Mabel?

"Dip Dip! Wake up!"

I felt myself being shaken. I was thrown back to reality.

"What?" I uttered, bewildered.

"It's dinner time, silly!"

I'd been like that for that long?

----------

I lay there in bed later that night, flipping through the journal. I paused at bill's page. This then striked a question in my mind.

What made him that way?

I stared at the ceiling, that same question floating around in my head. I set the book aside, pinching the bridge of my nose. I sprawled my limbs out, taking a deep breath as i shut my eyes.

"Hey, kid!" An unnatural sounding voice said. "Pinetree!" I looked around, but all i could see was black.
"Bill?" I groaned.
"That's me!" He chuckled menacingly. "Can you see me?"
"No." I rubbed my eyes, but nothing changed. Then suddenly, the triangle demon popped up in front of me.
"Peek a Boo!" I jumped at his sudden appearance. "Can you see me now?"
"Yes! I can see your ugly dorito face!"
"Hey! Words hurt, kid!" He crossed his arms, tutting. "You think I'm ugly? Well look now!" He snapped his fingers, and he was suddenly engulfed in blue flames. He emerged after, as a... Human?! I stood there, my jaw slacked for a moment. Then i regained my composure. He had yellow glowing eyes, thick blonde hair with a sort of ombre effect, fading to brown at the tips. "Still ugly?"
"Yes." I frowned, not looking at him any longer.
"Then why were you staring?" Oh great. He can smirk now he has a mouth.
"I will never understand you." I raised an eyebrow.
"Don't change the subject." He elbowed me lightly.
"Well anyone would stare if a triangle just turned into a human."
"Yeah, sure..." I wanted to slap that stupid smile off his face. I felt shaking. Like an earthquake in mind. "Looks like shooting star's awake. You'd better go."
"Anything to get away from you."
"Okay, since when were you so rude?" He frowned. He snapped his fingers, and it all disappeared.

"Bro bro!" Mabel screeched. I growled. There was a sharp pain in the side of my head. "I thought you were dead!"

"Ouch." I held the painful area, sitting up. "Why am i on the floor?" I mumbled.

"You fell."

"From where?" I was so confused. I was too tired to function.

"Your bed, duh!" She chuckled.

"Do me a favour and get a bag of ice from the fridge. This hurts like hell."

"Fine." She groaned, slumping off downstairs. I sat there for a minute, recounting what happened in my dream.

"Can you see me..."

That's what I heard earlier!

A sharp sting interrupted my thoughts. Mabel came back upstairs, handing me the ice. I thanked her, and she went back to sleep. Me, on the other hand, could hardly lay down from the pain. I sat on the edge of the bed, kicking my legs. My toe caught something underneath it. I paused, raising an eyebrow.

Didn't we clear everything from under here last summer?

Curiosity got the better of me as i bent down, picking up a small black object. It was a strange shape, and felt like cloth. I couldn't see it in the dark, so i held it up by the window, the moonlight showing me what it was. A top hat that looked at most, six inches tall. It was smaller than it would be for a human. I shook it off as a peice of a costume mabel used to dress waddles up in. But then, just as i was about to put it back where I found it, i saw a small yellow tag inside. I squinted, reading the cursive inside.

Property of Bill Cipher

"What?!"

Sooo? I've been wanting to write this for a while now, so heeere it is! I hope it wasn't terrible. Again, thanks to GravityFallsFreak7 for inspiring me with his gravity falls fanfics to do this. I won't update too regularly, because of school, but in a couple of weeks you'll have a CRAP ton of content.

Yeet.

From Alexander Ha-
I mean... Cipher. Hehe.