Chapter Three ~ The Matter Of Life Or... Death?~

I woke the next day to a ham sandwich put at the foot of my bed. I rubbed my sore eyes, nodding a thanks at my sister. She handed me an ice pack, smiling.

"Feeling any better?"

"Not really. Last night was horrible."

"Yeah, I had to sleep on the sofa because you kept talking."

"Sorry about that..." I chuckled, taking a bite of the sandwich. "If you wouldn't mind, could you get me some water?"

"No problem, bro bro!" I flinched at her volume.

"Ah, Mabel? You wouldn't mind... toning it down a little, would you? I've... Got a little bit of a headache." She nodded.

"Got it! Nurse Mabel's got ya covered!" She whispered, walking out of the room. I sighed with relief, the silence blissful. It didn't last for long, though, as my sister ran back up the stairs, handing me the glass.

"Thanks." I croaked, taking large sips of the water. Mabel went to her bed, pulling her bag open and taking out an issue of Boyz Mag, flipping through the pages, giggling quietly to herself occasionally. I lay there, spread eagle on my bed, bored out of my mind . I could feel myself losing brain cells. "Mabel, I'm bored!" I groaned.

"Here, have this!" She picked up another magazine, throwing it across the room to me.

"What? I'm not reading this!" I said , my voice cracking.

"Well, you said you were bored, so it's either this or nothing."

"Fine." I groaned, opening the magazine and flipping though the pages mindlessly. I don't even know why i was reading it, but my eyes caught a brown haired guy with glasses. I felt my cheeks warm up, and i frowned to myself, continuing to stare. The longer my eyes lingered, the hotter my face got. I crossed my legs, feeling an erection growing. My breath hitched a little as i did so, and Mabel noticed.

What the hell?!

"You okay there dipping sauce?" She taunted. I hastily closed the magazine, placing it purposefully on my lap.

"Uh... I ah... I... Uh... I'm fine! Just... There's some weird pictures in here..." I scratched my head a little.

"They're only weird if you make them weird!" She smiled weirdly.
I looked back at the page, my eyes widening. I then snapped it shut, running into the bathroom without another word, still holding on to it. I could hear Mabel laughing from the other room she was so loud. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

What the heck? Im not gay!

I flushed my face with cold water, not paying attention and accidentally swallowing some. I coughed aggressively, struggling for breath. My head felt a little light as i clenched my hands on the basin.

"Am i?" I sighed to myself, my face a bright pink mess. I quietly bolted the bathroom door, my fingers quivering a little. I sat down on the edge of the bath, shutting my eyes and blocking out the world around me, drowning out Mabel's cackling. I unbuckled my jeans slowly, feeling myself twitch as i brushed past my crotch. "Here goes nothing." I groaned breathlessly.

----------

I washed my hands, drying them before picking the magazine up again, unbolting the door and walking back into my room like nothing had just happened. Mabel was smirking strangely.

I wasn't loud, was i?

"You alright, bro bro?" She half-giggled.

"Hmm." I nodded, sitting down awkwardly. "Y-you can have thi-" I went to give her the magazine back, but she cut me off.

"You can keep it. You need it more than i do."

"W-what's that supposed to mean?!"
I frowned.

"Don't play dumb, you know." She elbowed me before walking out of the room.

"Ouch." I mumbled to myself, rubbing my arm. I slipped the magazine under my bed, stretching.

Pinetree~

"For God's sake, Bill!" I groaned, laying down. "What do you want?"

I'm bored.

"So am I. "

Wanna go somewhere?

"Of course I do, but i can't because I'm stuck in bed!" I groaned. I saw his triangle form appear in front of me.

Oh, come on. You're not staying in here all summer, are you? Live a little, kid!

"Hey, Dipper!" I heard Stan call from downstairs. "Want to have a chat?" Mabel must have told him. Crap.

What did you do, kid?

I looked at him with wide eyes, fearing for my dignity. "Get me out of here. I can't take another talk from him. Please."

You know where the window is.

"I'm not jumping down there! I'll die!"

"Dip Dip, don't be shy!" Mabel giggled.

You'll also die if you go downstairs. Your choice.

I sighed, glancing between my options, then quickly opening the window. I slipped out, clinging on for dear life. Once i was safely on the ground, Bill instructed me from there.

Go into the forest, find those footprints again.

I did as i was told, and after a while, i found the erratic marks.

"What now? " There was no reply. "Bill?" I looked around, no one in sight. I suddenly felt someone's hands slip around my waist, and i jumped. I saw a head full of bright yellow hair rest on my shoulder.

"Pinetree." He chucked. "Good to see ya again!"

Oh crap. He's even better looking in person...

"I heard that, kid." He nudged me. I blushed harshly, escaping from his grasp. I got to have a good look at him. He had the same black bowtie, a pastel yellow shirt, a bright lemon jacket with a long tail at the back. He had a triangular eyepatch over his right eye, and he still had his cane and his gravity defying hat.

"We'd better go further into the woods. It's pretty eyecatching, a guy in bright yellow clothes and hair that looks like a highlighter exploded on it."

"Okay!" We walked in silence, and i saw how he stepped. Like a toddler. He made those footprints. But where did they go? "I'm about to awnser that question." Bill snapped his fingers, and teleported us to where i passed out yesterday. "Welcome to my home, I guess."