31.

One month later
Nyla POV
Friday 7PM

I pulled up to Tori's house and cut the engine. I grabbed my purse and locked the car door. I walked up to the front door and rung the door bell.

"Coming." A voice spoke from behind the door.

Some of the locks clicked before Tori stood in front of me.

"Hey Nyla, come on in. I'm still getting Ari ready."

I nodded and made my way inside her home. The air hit me fast causing my body to shiver a little.

"Here's her bag." She said handing me her Barbie bag.

"Thank you, Tori."

"No problem. Umm I put hair stuff, uniforms, and snacks in her suitcase. Does she need anything else?"

"No, I'm going to take her right now to Justice and pick out a swimsuit and some shoes for tomorrow. Aaliyah and Ari are going with my sister to a birthday party at the beach."

Tori nodded, taking in what I said.

"Ok well, y'all just call me if you need anything."

I nodded.

"Ari, are you ready?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm just getting my backpack and lunch kit!" She yelled from upstairs.

A few minutes after talking with Tori, Ari came jogging downstairs.

"Hey Nyla!" Ari screamed running to me.

I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey baby girl. You ready to go?"

"Yes! Where's Lili and daddy?"

"Daddy's still working and Lili's at daycare. We're going to go to the mall then meet up with them later."

Aria nodded and ran over to her mom.

"Bye mommy. I love you so much. Don't let that roach in my room and tell TJ, to grow up." Ari said kissing her mom afterwards.

"Ok Ari, be good. Don't give Nyla a hard time."

"Yes ma'am. See you Friday mommy!"

I grabbed her suitcase and opened the front door. Aria ran to my car and I unlocked the door. She opened the door and hopped into her booster seat. I closed her door after making sure she was buckled and placed her suitcase in the trunk.

I got into the driver side and started the ignition.

"Ari, Are you ok with going to the mall for a little to get some stuff?" I asked looking in the rearview.

"Yes ma'am, but can we get food Nyla please?"

"Yea I was gonna stop at subway so we can eat there. You want that?"

"Yes!" She said raising her hands up.

I nodded and turned my blinker on waiting for the red light to turn green. I looked down at my phone and checked the time.

3:16PM

The light turned green and I took a left turn, slightly making it into the parking lot. I parked in front of subway. I unlocked the doors and hopped out of the car with my purse on my shoulder. I opened Aria's door and watched her hop out. I grabbed her hand and made my way inside the door. We walked into the fresh smell of Italian bread and cheese. I looked at Aria and smiled.

"Ari, do you know what you want?" She nodded smiling extra hard.

"Hello welcome to subway, how can I help you today?" The white teenage boy smiled.

I scanned his name tag and smiled.

I tapped Aria.

"Hi, can I have a kids meal turkey and Swiss cheese please?"

"Yes ma'am, would you like that toasted?"

Aria nodded and he placed it in the toaster.

"And for you?"

"Six inch, Italian bread, turkey and American cheese, toasted please."

He nodded and pulled out the bread.

"Dinggg." The oven sounded, making him grab Ari's sandwich.

"Ok, vegetables?"

"Umm lettuce, pickles, more lettuce, cucumbers, yellow peppers, tomatoes, mayo, and vinegar."

He closed hers sandwich and looked at her.

"Ok princess now get your chips ,drink ,and your snack."

She nodded and skipped over to the chip shelf.

He placed my sandwich in front of the vegetables.

"Umm, lettuce, mayo, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, pickles, bell peppers, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar please."

He nodded closing the sandwich afterwards sliding it to the young lady next to him.

I grabbed jalapeño chips and a raspberry tea. Ari held on to her Doritos, juice box, and cookie.

I placed the items on the counter while she rung me up.

"Ok your total is $10.58. Would you like a receipt?"

"No thank you." I smiled.

She handed me our bags and I made my way to a clean table.

Aria sat down and rubbed her hands together.

"Food! Thank you Nyla."

"You're welcome boo."

She smiled as I handed her food.

"Eat up babe do we can go shop till we drop."

She laughed and nodded her head.

About thirty minutes later, we arrived at justice. I picked out a cute, pink swimsuit for aria along with some unicorn flip flops. I grabbed her a towel with an A on it and some Lol surprise dolls.

Anthony pov
I entered our new home with Aaliyah behind me. I placed the keys on the hook and took off my shoes.

Life was better than it used to be