"Daughter of a Legend" Chapter 1

Great! Just great!" Brant kicked the flat tire and cursed. And then cursed, and cursed again.

"It's just a flat, Brant." The passenger got out of his side of the car. "We can fix it."

Brant simply shook his head. "It's not the flat that concerns me." The wind blew across the barren land. "That's what concerns me."

"A Lycan clan?" Cooper looked surprised. "That's not good."

"You think?" Brant rolled his eyes. "We only have minutes before they will show up here."

Cooper looked into the back of the car. "What are we going to do about them?"

"Get a needle," Brant ordered Cooper. Brant moved to the back door of the car and opened it. Using more force than was necessary, he pulled the man from the back of the car. The man attempted to put up some fight, but Brant slammed his fist into the man's face. Blood spewed from the man's broken nose.

"Now why do you have to do that? I'm going to need all the blood that you have to get my precious cargo away from this clan." Brant slammed his fist into the man's face again. "With that lovely accessory," he pointed to the silver bracelet on the man's arm, "you're going to be feeling this for a while."

"Here's the needle." Cooper came back to him.

"Hold him." Brant took the needle and watched as Cooper's arms morphed and elongated into the muscular arms of a male Lycanthrope. He easily grabbed the man's arms and pinned them behind his back. It was an unfair fight. With the silver bracelet on, the man was not able to transform himself.

Brant stuck the needle in the man's arm and drew out 50 cc's of blood.

"Get the other one."

Cooper tossed the man aside. But even with the obvious damage that marked his body, he moved with agility and charged the two men.

"Leave my sister alone!"

Brant used his Lycanthrope abilities and sidestepped the man. Holding the syringe full of blood, Brant continued to the car. "Break his jaw, Cooper. I don't need him spilling that secret to this new clan." Brant pulled out the second passenger. The frame beneath the man's clothing was delicate and feminine.

Brant yanked the cloth hood from the woman's head. Her once long blonde hair was hastily cropped short. Her face was swelling up from a number of hits to her face. Her nose was broken and blood had dried on her face. But fire was still flashing in her eyes.

The moaning from her brother had the woman struggling to see what was happening to him, but Brant held her tight in front of him. "No, no, no, Izabella. See, I can't have these Lycans finding out I have a female with me. This should only hurt a little." Brant stuck the needle into her shoulder and pressed the plunger, pushing the foreign blood into her system. Her body fought the blood for a moment, but the silver bracelet on her wrist prevented her from changing forms and healing herself.

"There." Brant patted her on the cheek and smiled when she flinched. "Now, it's our little secret." Brant pulled out a role of duct tape and ripped off a piece. Pressing it hard on her lips Brant stopped her from being able to speak. Putting the bag back over her head, he prevented her from seeing anything as well.

Brant looked over at Cooper. "Stand him up." Cooper stood the brother up. The man's mouth was bleeding and the lumps that formed on the right side of his face indicated that his jaw was indeed broken.

Brant moved up to the man. "You make any more problems for me, and I will kill your sister first." He put a bag over the man's head and the tied a rope loosely around his neck before moving over to the woman and placing a rope around her neck as well.