Police station

"Paige can you tell me what happened?" The officer asked the six year old that sat at the table across from him. The girls brown hair was a mess, some was falling in her face while the rest was tangled and snarled. The man watched the girl for a few moments as she raised her eyes from the piece of paper she was scribbling on to meet the man's soft eyes. Her drawing was a mixture of scribbles and some abstract shapes which were unlike most kids her age. The man hesitated for a few moments as Paige sat in silence biting her bottom lip thinking hard. A burger sat beside the paper mostly untouched. It surprised him that a little girl who had been missing for two weeks would not even bother with the food in front of her. She was ragged and covered in dirt. Her clothes partly torn and there were traces of small scratches on her arms from when she was found in Olympic National Park by the hikers.

"My angel saved me." Paige muttered before turning her attention back to the drawing in front of her. The officer raised an eyebrow at the statement a bit confused. Maybe someone took her after killing her parents, that made the most sense to him. How else would a six year old get from California to Washington State.

"Your angel huh? So tell me about your angel." Officer Winters asked as he waited for the girl to speak, but all her attention was on the drawing. Winters huffed a breath a little irritated, but this was a child who probably saw someone kill her parents and then took her. Releasing his irritation through his breath, he gave a soft smile to the girl who wasn't even looking at him. "Paige?"

She gazed up at him curiosity in her eyes at the sound of her name. He wondered if her kidnapper called her by her name?

"I need you to tell me about your angel. I would really like to know more about him. Why do you call him your angel?" Winter asked as the girl shifted in her seat.

"I dunno... Just sort of fit him I guess. He saved me from a group of bullies before, and then he saved me from my parents." Paige said as she returned her attention back to the drawing.

"What do you mean?" Winter questioned more curious than ever.

"My mom and dad... they kept yelling... then it kept getting worse. He normally didn't interfere, but I guess he just let it get the better of him." Paige admitted as Winters listened.

"So your angel killed them because they hurt you?" Winters inquired and Paige nodded. "So he protected you, but why run?" Paige shrugged at the question.

"I don't know. I'm not the angel." Paige whispered as she continued to draw.

"Paige, what's your angel's name?" Winters asked as the little girl didn't bother to raise her eyes off the page in front of her.

"Doesn't have one." Paige stated. "That's why I call him angel."

"He just never told you?" Paige stopped and looked up at the officer across from her.

"I never said my angel was a person."
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hope you guys like the newest story.