coming home.

on the drive home.

mom fell asleep in the back seat with carol and scotty who ended up coming last minute so john and I got the chance to talk

"are things always going to be this busy?"

"well with the studio yea but i'm sure once me and the band get going good I can get them to  let me lose and I can spend more time with you"

"i hate to think that in just a couple weeks your going to be gone"

"i know but i'm sure i'll be back a few weeks later"

"weeks baby, not just days. i'm going to miss you baby"

"i know i'm going to miss you too"

"have any idea when you'll be home?"

"i don't know i'll have to ask buddy, you sure your gonna be alright with me being with buddy?"

"yea i'll be alright, it wont be easy being at the shop without you but I guess i'll be alright. I trust you and buddy so i'm okay with it"

"are you sure?"

"if you ain't then i'll just get another bel-air and drive behind the bus by myself"

"no i'd rather you be on the bus with buddy so you aint on the road by yourself"

"afraid somethin might happen to me and you lose me?"

"yes I am, I want to marry you not lose you before I get to marry you"

"you really do love me don't ya?"

"you know I do, I never thought i'd be the one at say I wanna marry this girl till you came racing into my life"

"well I never thought i'd be the one either but here I am, i'm gonna marry this guy"

"i love you little angel baby"

"and I love you johnny angel"

we drove the rest of the way back home in light conversation and laughs.

the talk me and john had stuck in my head till we got home and since we drove straight through and it had snowed at home john ended up staying with me, I had hoped for sometime alone when we got home but I loved having john stay over.

a few says later john hadn't got anything to  start the build on the car and its sunday so he had the day off which left us time to go out along and spend time together before I leave.

Monday morning came around and I called buddy

"hello?" buddy answered

"hey its jessy"

"hey jes, whats wrong?"

"nothing I just wanted to know how long we'd be gone before we come back"

"umm well Robert booked us till april"

"so we wont be home till april?"

"well there might be a few extra days we have off that aint too far from home but there aint gonna be many of em"

"well I guess I should tell mom, carol, scotty and john that I wont be home till april"

"hey jes?"

"yea?"

"we'll get the weddin figured out for ya, don't worry alright"

'thanks buddy but I don't know if things are going to work out once he finds out i'm gonna be gone till april"

"he loves you jessy, hes gonna be here when you come home"

"why aint I as sure as you?"

"just trust me"

"alright"

"jessy?"

"yea?"

"johns gonna be here when you come home, johns crazy about you and I know pretty well that he's not gonna let you go that easily"

"thanks buddy, hey I know your probably still hurt and upset that i'm marrying him and I still wanna say i'm sorry,  I didn't know he was gonna ask"

"jessy its okay, i'm okay. I know if its meant to be we're gonna have out time"

"i'm still really sorry"

"don't be baby, your a great gal and I knew when I met ya that you'd already to be taken"

"your really sweet buddy"

"alright baby I gotta go,  gotta meet rob for lunch"

"alright i'll see you in a couple weeks"

"i'll see ya in a couple weeks jes, call me if you need me"

"i'll call you in a couple days"

"alright bye jess"

"bye buddy" I hung up and finished getting dressed for work then I headed to work

getting to work and facing john to tell him the news was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life.

mom had already taken it hard when I told her before I left, though she didn't show it in front of me I know shes home crying right now because her baby girls going to be gone til april. I hate to think of how hard scotty and carol are going to take it.

I walked in my bay door and found john laying under a big black caddy, I walked over and crawled under beside him and did my best to give him a smile but I failed because he said

"whats wrong baby?"

"i umm I called buddy before I left and i'm gonna be gone till april" I broke down after that

"oh baby its gonna be alright. i'll be at as many gigs as I can be at and your gonna be home before you know it" he hugged me

"i know you will be but your gonna get tired of me being gone all the time and not want me anymore"

"that's not possible baby, I promise your gonna go on tour with buddy and have fun then when you get home i'm going to be here with the dogs, your mom, carol and scotty waiting for you"

"your going to get tired of me being gone and just say forget it with me"

"no I wont and that's a promise angel baby, now how about we finish up this big caddy and go to lunch?"

"is that a nice way of telling me to get to work?" I chuckle

"nope that's my way of saying I want you to stop thinking i'm gonna let you go because your following your dream"

"your a pretty great guy johnny angel"

"and your a pretty great gal angel baby"

"i love you johnny angel"

"and I love you angel baby"

we went to work and finished the work on the caddy then picked up our coats and went to lunch.