Dinner Party

Mei had to admit, the bedroom she was given was pretty nice despite the current situation "Well it could've been worse... We could've been stuck in that dungeon with nothing to eat..." she said, sitting down on the bed, and as if on cue, her stomach growled "Speaking of which, I'm hungry... but I don't know where the kitchen is and I'd rather not get lost... and I tend to get lost easily..."

She groaned to herself in annoyance. This whole situation was so confusing ... " Why us ...? " she muttered to herself.

"Hello?" A faint voice came from a corner of her room. It was kinda familiar.

"Who's there?" Mei stood up, walking towards where she had heard the voice.

"You first. Who are you?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Cause you wanna know who I am?"

"Touche... it's Mei."

"Mei? Oh my gosh! Are you ok?" The voice was excited.

"Diana? Is it you?"

"Yeah, it's me!"

"Grouchy didn't hurt you, did he?"

"Surprisingly no," Diana responded, "at least not yet. He's locked me up in here though. The picture of his creepy aunt keeps looking at me..."

"Oh look, I've got a portrait of two... little children... you know, they kinda look like Grouchy and Faustus... but that can't be them cause they're both smiling and getting along," Mei squinted at the portrait for a second, before turning back to the wall, "We need to find out if Raine's ok."

"Yeah, that guy seemed pretty nervous around us..." Diana replied, "What if he's some psycho?"

"I don't think that's realistic..." Mei said.

"Well, you never know!"

"She's probably close by," Mei reasoned, "In fact, I know she is. Fausty told me she's in the next corridor. I can go find her."

"You got free range? Lucky!" Diana sighed.

"He's still probably gonna bite me," Mei frowned.

"What else is new? If these guys really are vampires, I'm surprised they haven't bitten us already," Diana said.

"That's why we gotta find a way out of here," Mei said, "I'll go explore... and try not to get lost..."

Diana groaned, "That's a super bad idea. I'm pretty sure this is a big house."

"Do you have any other bright ideas?" The brunette asked, wishing she could be anywhere else right then.

"Not really."

"I wish Raine was here..."

"Yeah, me too."

As if on cue, there was a knock on Mei's door.

"Who is it?" The brunette got up and went towards the dark, ornately carved wooden door.

"It's Raine," came the reply, "It's time for dinner. We were sent to get you guys."

Mei opened the door to reveal her blonde friend, now dressed in a different blue lolita style dress. The blue haired boy stood behind her, "Where have you been?"

Raine looked a bit uncomfortable, "Oh. Um. Atticus and I were... acquainting? That sounded really wrong," the tall girl hook her head, putting a hand to her forehead.

"Just talking, really," Atticus stepped in, "Look, our mother is going to-"

"What happened to being hungry?" came the lazy reply of the black haired boy, who just emerged from his unlit room, "lose your nerve after all?" He chuckled under his breath, "hope you didn't ruin your appetite. You know how mom is," with that, he walked off down the hall.