prologue

Ally hadn't even noticed before, but when she got nervous, or anxious, or even excited, and her hands started shaking like they always did, she would immediately put them on her stomach to try and soothe herself.

She guessed that it had always been a habit of hers, a way to try to calm down.

And it usually worked for her.

But today was the exception.

Today she had one hand on her stomach, and one hand clutching her phone, with a Google article highlighting her screen.

How To Tell If  You're Pregnant the headline read, and Ally was trying her best to hide it from the handful of people moseying around the drugstore.

She knew they probably wouldn't dare say a word to her, as her face looked so crazy that they probably were afraid that she'd fly off the handle if spoken to.

All it would take to make Ally lose it was probably just a sweet old lady that wanted to share the story of how she found out she was pregnant with her first of twelve children. Or something like that.

Ally desperately wanted to just get her pregnancy tests, checkout, and leave just as fast as she had gotten here.

She knew she would break down into tears if she didn't get out of there fast.

And at last there they were. In the last aisle. Of course.

Quickly, Ally scoops every kind that is a reasonable price into her arms and makes a beeline for the self-checkout.

She couldn't remember the last time she had gotten in and out of a store in less than five minutes.

-

hi all :) it's grace here. it!

i really hope you all like this; i've been a gaga stan since i was four years old in 2008! a star is born is just such a special movie to us, and i can't wait to share my take on what could (and should) have happened <3 please feel free to give me feedback and/or leave requests!