Chapter 16

Logan was tapping his finger on the table, making me slightly anxious as I flip another pancake.

"I don't believe this." he said to himself.

He filled the air with tightness, making my body stiffer as I imagine the thoughts that compiled in his mind. I have a strong feeling they aren't very positive.

"Logan, you don't really have to--"

"What, I'll go upstairs, go to my room, get settled, do my bussiness, and just when I thought I would be alone with my music you barge in and disturb me? No thanks."

His cold words made me quiet. Have I been disturbing him? I wasn't that annoying, was I? I was only asking some questions, and I actually thought of his needs too, rather than only mine.

I don't understand this.

Is everything really tick-able to Logan? How difficult.

"I should be having a peaceful weekend in my room today, but you showed up." he shook his head; his words stabbing right through my chest.

"I didn't mean to mistook the time I was required to arrive." I held my head low, ashamed.

"Well now you know Helga is always not around during Saturdays. Remember Sugarcube; Saturday is the day Helga hangs out with her friends."

I blinked, and somehow Logan's words were like aliens to me. "Friends?" I felt confused. "But I thought you and the others were her friends."

Not to be too judgemental but I've always thought Helga doesn't have any friends other than the Golden Boys. I've never seen her with anybody else in the school other than them. Other people try to socialize with her, and though she does get along with everyone, she still chose to be with the Golden Boys other than anyone.

Logan snickerd. "Helga has friends. At other schools."

"At other schools?" I looked at Logan, wanting more details.

"People at our school aren't really her thing." He shrugged, looking lazy. "She prefers something...different."

I pulled my brows together, trying to analyze his statement in my head; hoping it'd make sense to it all.

"How different?" I asked, failed to analyze this all alone.

Logan winced. "Not from me you'd know."

"Doesn't Helga like anyone in our school?" I tilt my head, trying to think. "So you guys are just...her back up friends? Is that it?"

Logan gave me a sneer look. "If you're looking down at us then you got anoth--"

"Logan, I'm not!' I panicked, showing my hand, attempting to calm him down before another burst. "I'm just trying to eleborate things."

Logan looked at me, quiet and only slightly glaring. He exhaled when he seemed to have taken it in. "We're not her back-up friends, alright? I'd kill her if she thought of us in that way."

I nodded, wanting more words from Logan for enlightenment.

"We're better than anyone in the school, sugarcube. Of course Helga would pick us over those brickheads. Helga's too cool for them obviously. No one is a match against us over her, no one." Logan said, matter-of-factly. "If I had to be honest, no one is cool at our school. Helga isn't one of them, so why would she bother hanging with them when she got us? Think."

I swallowed. And I felt glad how it made sense.

I felt happy how Logan thinks so highly of Helga. He believes his sister is too good; too cool for anyone to reach. I'm glad how this gives me a hint to how much Logan loves her; how he's proud to have her as a sister, a group member, and a friend.