Chapter 2 : Getting Stabilized

~~ Elizabeth's POV ~~
I woke up on something soft, but I wasn't in my bed. Slowly my eyes open, as they try to adjust to the lighting of the room. Once my green orbs were able to see, I found myself on a mattress in an unfamiliar room and Shadow Viper sitting on an identical mattress opposite from mine.

"Morning, Nova, " she said, her voice oddly friendly, but still cold and serious. Sitting up to face her violet eyes, I muttered a 'mornin' and pushed the blanket off of me.

"Where are we?" I croaked out. Shadow faced me before answering, and I blinked back at her.

"The home of The Pack," Shadow whispered.

"The Pack?! As in the toughest gang in Los Angeles?!" I exclaimed, my throat still hoarse.

"Who else would they be?" she said, rolling her eyes. Indicating, if she thinks I'm dumb or something.

"I mean, we've seen wannabes before, so I wouldn't be surprised." someone said, walking into the room. He was the one who had been wearing the blue hoodie before, but now he was in a dark grey jacket and a white t-shirt. Another boy walked into the room with a plate of eggs and bacon. This one was wearing an orange long sleeve t-shirt and a chain necklace with a gold cross charm.

"My name is Preston, and this is my boyfriend, Robert." the boy in the long sleeve shirt said.

"Who's top?" Shadow asked, a smirk resting in her face. Both boys blushed and Robert smirked, wrapping his arm around Preston's waist. The shorter boy's face reddened.

"Me," Robert replied, nipping at Preston's neck as the smaller boy tried to push him away from a little.

"Get a room, we're still here," Shadow intervened, breaking the couple's precious moment.

"They do this every time," another voice chuckled, walking into the room.

"Well, I hope they go easy on each other on the bed," Shadow joked.

"Knowing Preston, that's not gonna happen. My name's Mitch, and I'm the leader around here, but these five don't always listen to me," Mitch grumbled the last part as I stifled a giggle that almost escapes from my throat. Shadow smirked a bit, but only for a moment before it dropped to a frown.

"I'm afraid that while you were out, your homes were blown up by two different gangs. However, we wouldn't mind if you stayed the night," Mitch informed us.

"WHICH GANGS?!" I screeched.

"The ones we murdered," Rob replied. Then, we heard a loud crack, and it shocked us to see Shadow had punched the wall, leaving a huge hole, her breathing, hitched and unstable. Her once violet eyes, were replaced with red glowing eyes with white skulls.

"Chill Viper, at least they're dead because of you. That's a form of revenge." Preston frowned, shrugging unhelpfully.

"Viper, we'll take up their offer. Once we can do fine by ourselves, we can leave, and you can destroy all of Los Angeles," I sighed. "We're master thieves, we can make for ourselves."

"I'll only listen to you because of your history. Try not to get used to it," Shadow replied after glaring at me and sighing. "Sorry about your wall," she mumbled, her eyes fading back to her purple. I tilted my head, but Preston cut me off before I could say anything.

"You should eat," he suggested as his boyfriend held out the plates awkwardly. I took mine and nodded respectfully at the young gang member, taking caution as I inspected the food for any kind of poison that my body wasn't already used to. Shadow Viper also took her plate, darkness now covering her eyes as her expression showed anger and sadness.