Save Me From The Poison - Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

.:Victoria:.

Realisation hit me and I jumped away from Matt. I couldn't quite believe we just let that happen, we have been so careful these past few weeks not to get caught and now we have... by the police.

I was terrified of what they might do, I just looked round and every police officer was staring at us, there was no way someone didn’t see us.

From the corner of my eye I saw an officer heading towards us, he past me and went to Matt. "Hands behind your back." he commanded and Matt reluctantly complied. "Mr Harrison, I am arresting you for an improper relationship with a student. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

I gasped in shock; I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. They couldn't do this. They can't arrest him! He doesn't deserve it. I was so overwhelmed that I began to cry, I could see Matt's face and all I could see was disappointment. Not in me but in himself. It’s my fault. I got us in to this mess. If it wasn't for me and letting him find out about what Chad was doing to me, this would never have happened because we wouldn't have gotten that close. Why did this have to happen to me, after everything that has happened I couldn't even have one good thing, which was Matt? I couldn't live with myself if he went to prison.

He was then walked away from me and I broke down in tears. I just sat there watching his back as it retreated away from me. Once he wasn’t in my sight, a young lady in a police uniform put her arms round me to lift me up. I couldn’t quite remember what happened after that, it was like it was a dream. A crazy, messed up dream.

I was now back at home after they took me to the police station. The only things I could remember was that they took a statement from me, discussed what will be happening to me and Matt, and they also checked me over. They told me that Matt was going to be going to court and depending what my test results came back as he would be going to jail. It didn’t sound promising, especially after what we did a couple of days ago; I’m not even sure why they did a check-up on me. It was all making me afraid of what will come in the future. They also told me that I wouldn’t be kicked out of school because I didn’t have that long left but if I got in any trouble then I would. They believed I was the victim… I’m pretty sure they looked at my file and read all about Chad. However I was relieved that my school life wasn’t ruined especially as I’m so close to leaving and my school records wouldn’t be able to be transferred in the time available. I guess that’s one good thing that has happened through all of this.

I don’t know what to do with myself, waiting at home when Matt is in a cell is agonising. I just want to be with him, cuddling up in his arms in his twelve year old boy’s room. Life was perfect when we did that. I just hope he’s OK…

Bang. The sound of the judge’s gavel hit the wooden desk that he sat at. It was the sound that just ruined my life. It was the sound of my boyfriend being sent down for seven years. It was the sound that broken my heart.

As soon as it connected with the desk, Andrea, Matt’s mother, burst into tear. She was comforted by her children but it wasn’t enough to take away the blow of having her youngest son sent to jail for seven years. I on the other hand didn’t know what to do with myself. I was stunned; I couldn’t believe what the judge had said. He could send him away for seven years, what will I do without him. Matt’s turned into my world in only a few short weeks.

It was when he was being directed out the room when I broke down and lost control of myself.

“No! You can’t do his!” I screamed and everyone’s attention went to me, including Matt who was focused on me, like he was memorising everything about me. “Please don’t do this. I love him so much and he loves me back. I don’t know what I’ll do without him. Please! I’m begging--”

I was cut off by the judge, “Calm down young lady!” he said sternly and I went silent and just connected with Matt for the last time, not behind bars, for seven years. He was then pushed to turn and walk but before he turned he mouthed ‘I love you’ to me and I returned it. I will always love him; he has a place in my heart.

Weeks have gone by and each week I’ve visited him in prison at least once; spoken to him on the phone at least twice a week; and written him a letter throughout the week which I will save them all up and keep them in a box so he can read them when on the special days of the year, like Christmas, his Birthday, Valentine’s Day, etc.

It been nice to see him and talk to him as much as I have because otherwise I don’t think I would have handled all of this so well, he’s been my support system even though he’s the one who went to jail.

However this week he hasn’t called me once, I know he has to call his family but he normally would have spoken to me by now. It was slightly distressing; I didn’t want him to stop contacting me because he believes I don’t want to speak anymore. Fortunately, I’m visiting him tomorrow so I can ask why he hasn’t been calling me. It also gives me the chance to tell him my news. I need him to know, he has a right to an opinion as well, even if he is locked up.  I just hope it doesn’t terrify him as much as it did to me, thankfully my mum was there to help me calm down so I didn’t have a panic attack. I just need to talk to him.

I walked towards the prison gates that visitors enter through. There was a man in the check-in desk that I have gotten quite close to because I have been here so many times, his name was Gary. He was a middle aged man with a kind smile, I haven’t once seen him frowning but I can tell he would be stern with the prisoner if needed to.

I walked up to him and smile, like normal he smiled back. “Hi Gary, I’m here to see Matt of course.”

His smile then faded and I knew something was wrong, “I’m sorry Victoria but he has requested no visitors anymore.”

I shook my head and laughed, “Ha very funny Gary, come on let me see him.”

“I’m sorry but I said the truth.”

I couldn’t quite believe it, why wouldn’t he want to speak to me. What have I done wrong? I can’t think of anything I’ve done. I can’t even call him when I want; he’s the one that has to call me. I don’t think I said anything wrong… why won’t he talk to me?

“Please… please Gary!” I begged. “I need to see him. I have to tell him something!”

“I’m so sorry Victoria, I am. However I not able to let you in.” he said, I knew he wanted to. I could hear it in his voice. He doesn’t want to see me like this; I probably looked like a state now. I was crying and pacing back to front. I couldn’t understand. “Please go home, Victoria. There isn’t anything I can do. Perhaps he will change his mind. I hope he does.”

All I did was nod my head and I just walked away. There was nothing I can do… I’m alone now; I don’t have the only person who is keeping me sane throughout this.

I really hope he changes his mind about talking to me. I need him so bad!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last proper chapter... epilogue will be up soon :D Please can you vote/comment because I need all the support I can get for the Watty Awards. I love you guys. Please tell me what you think!

Thank you so much for all the support!