seven

SEVEN

"are you okay?" hoseok walked alongside the shortest, eyes scanning over the injuries wrapped in white gauze that almost seemed to gleam in the moonlight. "see, this is the quintessential illustration of proof that humanity has regressed further than when they were when they were cavemen. when one is covered in scars, bruises, and blood and there's an apocalypse raging around them, you can simply assume they are not indeed okay." yoongi huffed at the red head's grin, turning his head.

"i'm glad you're back to normal." the smaller gave a scoff, turning a glare behind his shoulder. "and you're still your annoyingly bitch-ass self." hoseok held up his hands in surrender, continuing their way through the city in an attempt to find a vehicle with his gun constantly within his reach. "jackpot." namjoon called from his position at the front and they all slowed to a stop, stopping in front of an average black pickup truck splattered with dirt and decorated with the faint ghost of dust.

"does anyone know how to break in?" jimin turned to them, hands shoved deep in his pockets. his grouchy manner had disappeared the second he had stepped out, dissipating with his resolve. he had not given up on his grudge against yoongi, however, and tried to avoid the older to the best of his ability. "nope, we're all good and holy children," the red head offered a reply just as yoongi turned a finger towards him and he immediately swatted it away.

"don't expose me like that, motherfucker!" the boy sighed, crossing his arms and shoving his friend towards the car. "him. he stole so many things i can't even keep count anymore." his friend glared at him, and followed namjoon's gaze towards the form of transportation. "the keys are in there, right?" the taker gave a nod and hoseok let a quiet breath slip past his lips, almost guiltily walking up to the door.

he held his hand up towards them and the others glanced back at each other, confusion traveling between their wordless looks before yoongi flipped his switch knife from his back pocket and threw it with alarmingly precise aim into his palm. hoseok's fingers snapped around the handle of the blade and he stepped onto the flat surface sectioned near the bottom of the truck, reaching up with the dagger and pushing it into the slot between the glass and the frame.

he wedged it apart to a gap of a couple of millimeters before he reached over for the antenna from the front of the vehicle, twisting it out of its slot and pushing it between the breach. he pressed it down onto the locking button and with a corresponding click, the doors unlocked in unison with the muted exhales of relief that left their mouths. a freezing chill fell over them as a shrill cry halted all possible thoughts of reassurance, and hoseok gripped the hilt harder, "we need to go."

"agreed," taehyung muttered, and the rest didn't notice his abrupt burst of speech as they yanked open the doors and clambered in, the red head quickly tossing yoongi his weapon. the shortest caught it and his eyes widened at the hoard of the approaching creatures, forcing down a scream and quickly starting to set off at a running pace. "get in!! get in, now!"

jimin was dragged in by namjoon as he struggled to break out of the taller's hold, "namjoon- wait!! yoongi!" the mint haired boy frantically glanced towards them and stepped back, stumbling when one of his sharp movements opened a wound along his stomach. he clutched the shirt tightly around the gash, looking almost frightened as his fingers came back stained with blood.

the red-headed teen stared desperately at him as he waved a hand, dismissing his concern and glaring at him with a demand for him to leave written over his face. "yoon-" "hoseok, i swear, go!" "don't you dare fucking leave him!!" jimin snapped, angrily pushing at taehyung who climbed into the car and shut the door, clenching his fists as his eyes trained on yoongi. "fuck, hoseok, go back!!" he yelled, rolling down the window and letting the harsh wind ruffle his hair as he searched for him.