Prologue: Time is short

(Your POV)

There is people who dream of becoming a hero. There are people who from the moment of their birth, are destined to become a hero. But then there is people like me... People who wanted to become heroes until fate decided to ruin their dreams. My name is (y/n) Kaguya, a sixteen year teenager who is waiting for a miracle that will never came. For those who don't know, I have a disease that is slowly killing me. No one knows where this disease came from or how to cure it. Apparently, this disease that I have is a new type of virus. I have been the possessor of this disease since I was ten years old and they have tried everything in an attempt to cure me from it. It doesn't matter what I have to keep saying at the moment, I have to get up from bed... Even if it's just to enjoy the view of the garden.

Me: *Sigh* Another day, another walk through the mansion.

In case you didn't know this either, my family is rich. In fact, I would dare to say that my family has one of the most wealthy medical companies in the world. Hehehe... Ironic, right? My mother has spent practically every resource that she knew in several attempts to cure my disease. But no matter the doctors or the medicines, nobody found any cure. However, the Kaguya company got its fortune thanks to every failed medicine that my mother tried to use on me. It turns out that while the medicines didn't work with me, they were able to cure the symptoms of similar diseases effectively. I hate to have to say this... But I literally became a laboratory rat for the company.

Me: Time to change clothes.

My room is full of hospital machinery such as oxygen machines and heart rate meters. My disease mainly affects my heart and my lungs, which would explain why all of this is here. Slowly I got out of bed and went to the closet. Despite being rich, I really wear very simple clothes. I took a black shirt and a pair of jeans to choose from. After choosing the jeans that I wanted, I slowly took off my pajamas and put on my black shirt and my jeans. After getting dressed, I went to the door of my room and the moment I opened the door, I was greeted by the butlers and maids of the mansion.

Everyone: Good morning master Kaguya!

This was part of the daily routine of my life. Wake up and be surrounded by people who watch me the twenty-four hours of the day.

Me: Good morning.

Before taking another step, I felt a pair of arms around my chest and a couple of soft "somethings" on my back.

???: Good morning~ Master Kaguya~

Me: *Sigh* Good morning, Seras.

(Imagine Seras in a maid uniform)

Yep! Not all butlers and maids in the mansion are serious

Yep! Not all butlers and maids in the mansion are serious. One of the clear examples is Seras Victoria, she is a very energetic girl who works for my mother since I was twelve years old. I'm not allowed to leave the mansion for too long, which is why I don't really have many friends. My mother hired some butlers of my age so I don't feel isolated from the world. But many of those butlers are only interested in the money and they didn't really tried to talk too much with me. The only person who made an effort to know me and be my friend was Seras. Every once in a while she helps me to kill the time and teases me for fun. The first times Seras did something like this, she really got different kinds of reactions from me. But over time I got used to her humor and her jokes.