five

━━━━━━━

a subtle knock was heard from outside of jeongguk's bedroom,

the boy groaned. "yes? what is it?"

"kim taehyung asked for your service, mr jeon." a female's voice called. jeongguk shot up.

he cleared his throat. "tell him i'll be there in twenty minutes."

the girl replied with an "okay" and left. jeongguk sighs and got ready.

but his mood changed. he gets to meet jimin after just two days. he can discuss the plan even further with privacy.

jeongguk grins as he pictures jimin smiling at him while discussing the plan. but no, jeongguk isn't in love with jimin, not at all.

jeongguk soon finished getting ready and walked to taehyung's bedroom. "hello? you called for me—"

"jeongguk! hi! i just need your help here. can you tell me which suit is better for tonight's event? i was always hoping for someone to help me since yoongi won't." taehyung exclaims as he opened the door. jeongguk was taken aback as taehyung pulled him inside.

"okay. you stay here while i change, okay?" taehyung instructed and jeongguk nodded, sitting down on taehyung's bed.

he waited as taehyung disappeared behind the bathroom door to change.

soon, taehyung stepped out using one of the two suits.

to jeongguk, he looked quite... normal? the suit kind of fits him but it doesn't fit with the vibe of the event later tonight.

taehyung then went back inside the bathroom to change to the second suit and once he came out, jeongguk can't help but gasp.

"what? what is it? is this bad? oh god, i shouldn't have picked this suit. i look ugly, don't i? shit, let me just—" taehyung got cut off.

"no, no! this-this is perfect! you should use this for tonight. i like this suit better." jeongguk quickly says as he sees the disappointment in taehyung's eyes.

taehyung smiled. "t-thanks... you can go out now. you should go rest since tonight will be a long night."

"will you please answer the question i asked last night?" jeongguk asks, desperation in his eyes. taehyung gulped.

"i... do i have to? i don't feel comfortable sharing private things with you. maybe next time? i promise i'll tell you why soon," taehyung says. "maybe after the party? you'll have to prove to me that i can trust you."

jeongguk nodded but his head was filled with questions. "what do i have to do?"

"stay with me through the night. even when i'm talking with people. if someone decides to talk shit me, can you please stand up for me or just take me away? because i'm really bad at those and i'll just freeze and not move until the person is done talking..." taehyung says. "b-but if something does go bad... please just... leave me alone and i'll deal with it alone."

jeongguk hums. "sure. i'll do that. i mean, i am the assistant so i have to take care of you anyway."

"thanks, ggukie... yoongi's never this kind to me. well, since he's always been a savage his whole life." taehyung mumbled.

━━━

that night, jeongguk changed into something he doesn't usually wear.

a suit.

he never wears a suit and this is the first time he's going to be wearing it.

jeongguk sighs as he saw his appearance. he was not ready at all.