Eight

The day seemed to be in her favor as she felt her classes go by like the wind.

Juvia placed some books in her bag. Her next class was going to be her last before she would go wait for Gray at the school entrance. She let out a small smile as she zipped her bag and raced over to History. The. Final. Class. Ninety minutes of History was all she needed to endure before she could meet Gray.

Suddenly, her train of thoughts had come to a sudden halt as she felt her shoulder smack into another's.

"S - Sorry, I wasn't looking. I'll be sure to next ti-" Juvia starts, but was taken aback by the familiar figure that stood before her, "L - Lyon..."

The white-haired teen stared at her with shock, but quickly replacing it with an unreadable emotion. Juvia felt herself tense up as he stared.

"It's okay, Juvia. So, when do you want to start tutoring?" Lyon replies slowly, using his left arm to scratch the back of his neck. Oh right. Juvia thought.

Last year, she had joined the Tutoring Club. Mostly because she felt the need to fill up her schedule a bit more and her teacher had suggested the club, so she considered to give it a try. The club leader decided to pair her with Lyon Vastia, a second year. Both agreed to have their tutoring sessions every Tuesday.

"Oh! Uh - yes! Every Tuesday, you know... the usual." Juvia said awkwardly, "Sorry, Lyon, but I have to go. See you later..."

And with that, Juvia quickly fast walked over to History where her teacher, Mrs. Y, greeted her with a smile (which Juvia returned with the same gesture.).

Soon, class ended. Although Juvia was assigned with homework and a project due around next week, all she could worry about was the conversation she was going to have with Gray.  She closed her bag and headed out the door. Expecting to see people rushing over to their lockers or attending club activities, she paused when she saw Lyon.

Suddenly feeling the tension yet again, she instantly looked down the minute they made eye contact.

"Hey, Juvia." Lyon started, "why are you avoiding me?"

Juvia looked up and over at Lyon, "I don't want to talk about it right now... I have something to do."

Juvia facepalmed mentally at her response, but stopped worrying about it when Lyon replied with a concerned look and an "okay." before leaving. Juvia sighed as she knew one day, she'll have to explains everything to him. But looking back, Juvia felt confused by her actions. What am I doing? What was I doing? She thought as she walked down the hall.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! I've finally uploaded a chapter (sort of) on time! Thank you guys so much for being patient~! Hopefully next week, I'll be able to upload on time again. For now, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see y'all in the next chapter! Bye~ owo

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited