Ten

As they walked down the sidewalk together, she could only hear the chatters coming from people walking by. Juvia felt the awkwardness of the whole situation hit her and she needed to end it. She peered over at Gray who was distracted by the passing cars.

"S-So, how was your day?" Juvia started nervously, "did anything interesting happen?"

"It was fine, I guess? Other than what happened this morning, there wasn't anything interesting that happened." Gray responded, still looking at the cars.

"Oh."

Juvia could feel the awkward tension build its way back up again, but this time, she decided to go along with what Gray seemed to want. Peace and quiet.

Juvia looked down at the concrete floor, as if it was the most intriguing thing she has ever laid eyes upon. While she walked, she made sure to avoid all the cracks.

Suddenly, the color of the concrete below her turned to a gray-ish black color and a hand quickly grabbed her.

Juvia looked up surprised at the sudden action as she felt herself get pulled away from the street.

"Watch where you're going, idiot! You could've been seriously hurt or even dead if you—" Juvia watched Gray in astonishment as he stumbled on his words, "if you—if you... Agh, never mind! Just don't do that, please."

Even though I broke his heart and cheated with another man... he still cares? Juvia could feel tears threatening to pour out. She very thankful to have had such a wonderful, loyal boyfriend. But she felt deep regret when she reminded herself about what she had done to him.

"I—thank you, Gray." Juvia said as one tear managed to fall.

"H-Hey! It was no big deal! Why are you crying?" Gray asked concerned.

"I'm just... so grateful..." Juvia said as this time, more tears fell down. I love you so much... but I don't deserve you... after what I've done... there's always going to be someone better.

"Hey, it was no big deal..." Gray trailed off, flustered, "Okay, the cafe is just over there. L -Let's go.."

Juvia felt her hand intertwine with a larger one, she looked at Gray as he took her to the cafe which was just a couple steps away.

As he opened the door to the relatively small cafe, she heard the small bell jingle. She looked at Gray's hand that was still intertwined with hers and subconsciously let out a small smile.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! This update was a bit late and I apologize for that. There is going to be a lot of events occurring within the next few months (tests and stuff) so I may not be able to upload on time sometimes because I need to prepare for these tests and events at my school. However, I will try to upload as much as I can following my schedule. I hope you all understand and thank you so much for reading this book! See you all in the next chapter (:

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited