Eighteen

Enjoy, and don't forget to vote, share and comment for quicker, longer, better quality updates.

"Fangs, oh my God!" Gasped Lulu as she ran up from behind the building in time for me to swing down the roof, onto the ground. He was hanging in a net, which Josie designed to catch and detain enemies. Luckily, I caught a piece of the rope in the rope of the grappling arrow, stopping Fangs from falling to his death.

"Wait..." Toni said through her headset from the roof where she was with Sweetpea. "Where's Reggie?" She inquired as the youngest Leatherbelly brother regained his composure, straightening his shirt and securing the weapon Lulu gave him.

"He's waiting in Pea's car." Lulu assured.

"He left to get a burrito and one of Hiram's goons pistol whipped him right before he got back inside." Fangs explained.

"What happened to the goons?" Veronica asked through the earpieces, and I watched Lulu's lip twitch and looked down to her bloody hands before she put them behind her back.

"I-I took care of them." She assured, and Fangs rose a brow.

"What does that mean?" He asked cautiously.

"Don't worry about it, what matters now is that you're all okay." she assured. "What's our new plan?" Lulu inquired as Toni and Sweetpea walked up to hug Fangs tightly, overwhelmed with worry.

"Maybe plans are starting to become redundant." I exhaled finally. "Maybe all of this was stupid." My throat tightened as I kissed my teeth and rested my hands on my hips, feeling defeated as I paced back and forth. "Maybe you should've just handled him, or maybe I should've done it on my own." I felt hopeless now. This man was completely mutilated from the explosion, as far as anyone knows, he's dead. It was seven against one as far as we knew, but this man had all the money, and all the will in the world, and it made me fear that everyone else had become an enemy of this man, just for the sake of helping me, someone they didn't even know.

"I'm sorry I dragged you all into this." I sighed, "I think we should stop now. I give up." I assured, and the Leatherbelly siblings looked between each other before Lulu sighed hesitantly.

"If you stop, I'm obligated to arrest you, Cheryl." She reminded, and I sighed, pulling the cloth over my face down and holding my hands out for her to cuff me.

I was willing to face my consequences.

This was stupid of me, to think I could play God and get away with it. To think I could actually get this done without help. To think I could kill the richest man in America.

Lulu turned me around and pulled out her cuffs before whispering into my ear.

"You have five seconds to run." She muttered, and I rose a brow before looking up, over my shoulder at the arresting officer. "Go." She cleared her throat and loosened her grip on me, allowing me to break free, running down the street as fast as I can, not looking back, no matter how badly I wanted to.

No matter how much my heart ached for my eyes to see Toni one last time.

"Cheryl, we're gonna try and get you out of this mess." Betty promised as I opened the door to my car, got in and turned the key in the engine. I slammed on the gas and peeled down the street in a frantic attempt at getting away from the hospital.

"Do you have somewhere to hide until we can get you free?" Kevin asked, and I sighed, recalling Gracie's house in Australia.

"I know of one place." I muttered, turning sharply to make my way across SouthSide bridge.

"Listen to me," I heard Sierra's voice through the earpieces, "I love Toni like a daughter," she reminded, "If you leave again, she'll never forgive you. Don't hurt her again, I beg of you."

Maybe there was a reason all this has happened. Maybe there was some cosmic plan set about by God, or whoever it may be that controls my fate.

All I knew is that Toni and I weren't meant to be together.

After all this time, all these inconveniences, all this pain, I'd be a fool not to acknowledge that fact, if not anything else.

"Tell her I said I'm sorry." I whispered, closing my eyes to blink away the tears.

"Tell her yourself." I heard Toni's voice in my ear, and I sighed. "Cheryl, please," she cried, "You can't leave me again. Not with everything happening."

"Toni, I'm sorry, but-"

"But nothing." She interrupted, and I heard shuffling on the other end. "I know a place. Just turn back around, now."

...

"What is this place?" I asked as we pulled into the garage of what seemed to be an old bar or club.

"This is the Whyte Wyrm." She divulged as she pushed the button on the remote in her hand to close the garage behind us. "It's an old Serpent joint that my dad couldn't keep the payments up on, so Hiram bought it out, just to be an asshole to my dad. He didn't even do anything with it." She scoffed as we got out and walked into the main part of the building through the garage door.

"Why was your dad so important to Hiram?" I asked as I looked around at the dusty old bar, not seeing anything of value.

"They were friends in high school until my mom chose my dad over Hiram, and ever since then, he'd had it out for him." She divulged as she turned the lights on and walked behind the bar to get something to drink from the shelves, which remained untouched.

"I don't understand," I blinked, shaking my head in confusion as I sat at the bar on an old stool against it. "What could he have done to compel Hiram to end his life?" I inquired as she opened a bottle of whiskey and poured them into two glasses that remained untouched.

"Well, I don't know, honestly, but Veronica said Hiram is a very sensitive and temperamental man." She hypothesised as she took a drink of the whiskey from the glass. "I imagine that my dad coulda just looked at him funny and he decided to burn his house down." She sighed, her fingers shaking against the glass she held tightly.

"A-are you okay, TT?" I asked, reaching across the counter to lay my hand over hers, feeling the deep rooted quake of her muscle and skin against my touch.

"Um..." she looked at our hands and slid hers out from under mine, ringing it with her other one. I noted her uneven breathing and her twitchy eyes. "N-not really." She let out a shaky breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked, hoisting myself onto the counter by my arms and turning to stand in front of the detective. I took her hands in mine and pulled them together, pulling them to my lips, then down to lay against my chest.

"I've lost so much already, Cheryl." She sniffled, tears falling from her eyes slowly, not daring to meet them with mine. "I almost lost Fangs today." She cried before looking up, "I almost lost you again." She sniffled, and wiped a tear from below her eye, "Cheryl, I can't lose anything else." she whimpered, and I hushed her before pulling her into me, cradling her head against my chest, one arm over her head, other against her back to pull her closer.

"I'm not going anywhere, Toni." I promised, kissing her forehead, "You're never gonna lose me again, not now. Not ever again."

"You can't promise that." She whimpered against my chest, and I hummed, hushing her calmly.

"I can, and I am." I assured, "I'm never gonna leave you again."

"You promise?" She asked, clearing her throat softly as she looked up with tear stained cheeks and glossy eyes. My heart ached as I looked down at the beautiful woman in my arms.

"I promise." I assured, "I love you."

"I-I..." she inhaled sharply before exhaling with a soft chuckle. "I love you too." She promised, grabbing my face with her hands and pulling me in to press her lips against mine, her lips holding mine slightly before she pulled away to lean her head against my neck, her hips moving from side to side as she held me close. We swayed together and hummed together in silence, but I listened to my fluttering heart as it trickled its way into my skin, to my cheeks in the form of a smile.