author's note

soooo
hi!

this is the piece of writing i did as part of my english language exam i took on january the 13th 2019. i somehow ended up getting an A* in it and got the top mark in the whole class, which i am so endlessly happy with.

the exam went as follows,
you have thirty minutes to write a short story about to people from different backgrounds.

i was nervous to write about the topic i wanted to touch on. what i have written, however short it may be, was seemingly infinite in my mind. the idea of loving someone who was so broken that they couldn't even love themselves, let alone someone else, is so important and isn't touched on enough. loving someone with depression can affect so many people in so many different ways, and by giving you this tiny insight into the characters minds, i hope i convey this perfectly.

the metaphor of someone having porcelain glass for skin entered my mind as soon as i began writing. it also felt very... real. someone being so fragile that they could barely be loved without breaking was so irreconcilably indulgent to write about, and although it isn't long, i hope i manage to portray this concept well.

regardless, i want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout waiting to get this exam back. it's been a nerve wracking experience, but overall, i'm so pleased.

i also have more books coming soon. evidently i'm still writing pastels, but i've also been writing a new book (which i can't choose a title for :/ yet!!) and have already drafted four chapters and wrote the first chapter in full. i gave it to my english teacher (who is the nicest person on earth) and she said she loved it so i'm happy. expect to hear more about that soon. but for now, i'm prioritising pastels.

so, please, give this a read and let me know your thoughts. love always <3