Chapter 6

Alice was in her room getting ready for bed, she had her record playing and was braiding her hair for tomorrow.

" What are you doing?" Robin asked. Alice looked over to see him standing in the doorway.

" Getting ready for tomorrow," Alice answered.

" Did you get something for Ingrid's birthday?" Robin asked.

" New lipstick," Alice answered. " She needs a new color." She looked over to see him standing in the doorway. " What do you want? Why are you still standing there? Don't you have a sleepover tomorrow?"

" I'm just here to admire my darling sister," Robin answered.

" What do you really want?" Alice demanded.

" In the morning can you use my new horror makeup kit on me?" Robin requested. " I want to play a prank on mom and dad."

" Fine," Alice said as the phone in the room started to ring. " Now can you get out, Barabra is calling?" Robin closed the door in annoyance as Alice picked up the phone. 

*********

The next morning Alice had her hair looked nice, and make-up done; she walked by Robin's room to hear her dad screeching.

" What's up with Dad?" Paul asked when Alice got to the bottom of the stairs.

" Robin," Alice answered.

" Not surprised," Ian laughed.

*******
When they got to school Robin was performing dentistry on Vlad, he lay on the bench as Alice and Chloe sat in front of him, they looked through a vampire book.

" Ruler," Robin instructed.

" Ruler," Alice said as she handed him a ruler.

" Pencil," Robin requested.

" Pencil," Chloe said as she handed it to him.

" Scalpel," Robin said.

" Scalpel?" Vlad questioned.

" Joke!" Robin laughed.

" It's not funny," Vlad said as he sat up, Alice scooted over so she and Chloe were not so squished anymore. " I need to find out what's wrong with my teeth preferably before our sleepover."

" Well, this book of yours isn't helping," Alice said as Chloe flipped a page, she gasped.

" Thatis, it wouldn't be anything with The Change, would it?" Chloe asked.

" The Change happens at the age of 16," Vlad reminded them. " I've got three whole years until I start growing fangs."

" Growing fangs?" Robin gasped. " Wicked! What does it say?" Robin snatched the book from the girls.

" Nothing important," Chloe said.

" When a young vampire complains of dental discomfort, he may be about to embark on The Change," Robin read.

" Robin!" Alice exclaimed as she and Vlad looked over at the book.

" This occurs at the age of 16," Vlad pointed out.

" But can happen several years earlier," Robin read, Vlad then took the book into his hands to have a look for himself.

" Do you know what this means?" Vlad asked as he looked up, he then closed the book and looked at his friends. " I'm turning into a vampire!"

" I highly doubt that," Alice said as she stood up.

" It's in the book Alice," Vlad said as Alice held a hand out for him.