16: Im selfish baby

|Brontë pov|
Few days later, Matt's funeral

My alarms goes off like crazy making me groan mentally

My alarms goes off like crazy making me groan mentally. I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and noticed the little note on the bottom of my door, I quickly went to grab it and opened it.

"Hi sweetie, me and your dad went to a meeting for his job won't be coming home till 4 PM. I left what you are going to wear to the funeral in your closet, tons of love.
-your mother."

The funeral starts at 5 PM, and it's 6:40 AM got plenty of time.

I grab my cheerleader clothes and put them on, along with a red velvet bow. I then proceed with my makeup, I put on a red lipgloss as long as foundation and eyelashes, plus what I usually put on my face.

I take one last look and I'm pleased with what I see. Grabbing my regular bag I'm out of the house.

"Hey Brontë," a cheerleader called walking my way. "It's glad to have our captain again." She said tilting her head giving me a small smile. "Hey Lisa it's good to see one of the best cheerleaders as well", I say giving her a smirk and playful wink.

"Ummm hello?" I turn to see Loren giving me an annoyed expression, I chuckle, "that counts you as well Loren."

Lisa is the girl we choose after Ms. Kennedy decided to take a cheerleader for replacement and I got to say, Lisa it's indeed the best at the team, hell I will give her my place.

"Well go change we are more than exited to continue our routine with u." Lisa says pointing to the lockers. I nod and walk towards the girls bathroom.

"So," Loren says from behind me. "Are u ready?" I turn around to give her a confused look while I take out my pants. "Ready for what?" I ask putting on the tiny skirt. "U know, Matt's funeral." I could see that she didn't wanted to remind me of him because she was looking around like a lost puppy instead of my eyes. I clear my throat and proceed to change in silence thinking.

Im not ready!

This has been the hardest weeks of my life for gods sake! I did not expect a thing like that to happen to one of the most wonderful boys in my life. He had so much to do so much to live for, he needed to graduate to get his degree, his own house, make a family, have baby's of his own. But all that was taken away from him in a snap of a finger, boom just like that. I wish I could smell him again, his smell was one of the few thing that I felt gave me relaxation. His smile, oh his smile, I would do anything to see that precious smile of his. His touch how I miss his touch, every time he touched me I felt safe, his embrace fuck how I miss that too. And now I can't have them because of a single mistake.