(6) "Kiss my flawless ass."

"Again, how long are you going to pretend that I'm not here?" Alison's voice annoyed the hell out of me, stopping my intention of being non-existent.

It felt like ages since I got the chance for a break hence, I believed I had the right to settle in this hardly comfortable stool. The last thing I wanted to happen was having a butt cramp while serving the customers.

For about two hours, I had been pacing back and forth between the kitchen and the dining tables and people just kept coming into the diner. Despite being opened in the early eighties, the quaint and vegan-friendly diner which was run by a war veteran whom we called Uncle Joe remained a local favorite and still got packed from time to time.

"Hello? Earth to Grace?" Alison snapped me out of my thoughts again.

"What, boner killer?" I groaned as I looked up at her. "I'm trying to fuck around with my phone."

She just smiled. "Can you please take their orders for me? Booth number 3."

"Um, bitch I'm in the middle of something, can't you see?" I replied, holding my phone up.

Alison sent me a pleading look. "I've been holding my pee for one hour, Grace. I really,  really, really need to go now."

"Kiss my flawless ass." I settled for a shorter and much more non-insulting answer. Yes, I needed a shrine build in my name for that.

I heaved out a sigh when Alison started doing the stupid pee-pee dance, drawing attention to herself from everybody in the diner.

I had no objection if she made a fool of herself in front of the whole damn world, but when she did it while standing beside me? I cared a lot more.

"Fine. But, that's only because your bladder might explode and I don't want to witness that," I said angrily in which she scurried to the restroom in no time.

I guess I have to put Brick on hold for now. He and I had been texting after our little 'flirty' banter this morning. How was he able to get my number remained a mystery, but not that I was complaining. Brick is adorably cute and soft, barely a jerk I might say, and that what makes him attractive and pliable.

My fantasy world practically crumpled down when my eyes set on the people whose table I had to waitress on. He was sitting on one of the red leather booths by the window with an arm wrapped around a raven-haired girl.

His ocean blue eyes fixated on her face as he listened intently to her talking. The girl leaned in closer, digging her shoulder into his chest while whispering something in his ear; hearing which his eyebrows quirked with amusement.

Reluctantly, I whipped out a pocket-sized notebook and a ball pen from my black apron and in one quick stride, I reached their booth.

"You sure do get girls fast." Their conversation fading at my presence. "For a guy with pubic lice," I finished as I handed them the menu.

"Hey, you remind me of someone I knew. Her name is Grace. She's salty and scares most people," Dylan replied, grinning slyly.

I clapped my hands together. "Well done. You've finally proved you have a brain with functioning working memory inside that skull."

The handsome devil smirked. "Just look at you, seems to be the most clever person in that sexy waitress outfit."

"To be clear, Grace. I don't believe any shit that comes out your mouth," The girl next to him cut in.

"Oh, it speaks!" I exclaimed as I bent on my hands and knees to look at her closer. "Did you get her from the animal shelter? Better put a leash on her just to be safe."