one

you got me some type of way
ain't used to feelin' this way
i do not know what to say
but i know i shouldn't think about it

"sariah! come meet my boyfriend!"

the party had just started, and me sitting alone was usual. my kinky curls rested softly atop my head, adorned with two hairclips that were pearl white.

i smiled to my best friend, alice, who was dancing with her boyfriend, whom i had never met. alice and i had been friends for all our lives, and yet, i had never met her boyfriend until we decided to move to los angeles, where he lived. he had invited us to a party, and of course, alice thought it would be best if we both dressed our best. she had on a tight mesh black longsleeve top, with a white tube top underneath, and baggy black pants with loads of belts, nicely paired with platform black doc martens. i decided to wear a yellow cropped cami with some baggy ripped jeans, and white high top vans that made me look more basic than usual.

i walked over to alice and her boyfriend, who was absolutely breathtaking. he was of some sort of asian descent, with beautiful curly hiar, high cheek bones, and an amazing laugh i had only slightly heard over the blasting travis scott songs, and the occassional ariana grande and trippie red. he managed to finally make genuine eye contact with me, giving me an honest, small smile, his arm loosely wrapped around the waist of alice. he had a water bottle in his hand, and a smile on his face. he gave me a head nod as his soft, genuine voice spoke.

"i'm vincent, alice told me a lot about you." he smiled, as i nodded, unable to speak. alice smiled at me as i fiddled with the silver chain around my neck.

"yeah, she uh, told me a lot about you too." i kept it short and sweet, smiling. alice, who had hit a blunt a few times, smiled as she moved loosely on vincent.

"she's gorgeous isn't she? vinny remember how i told you she's gorgeous 'cause you haven't said nothin' yet." me and vincent shared a look, stifling a laugh as the song. 'goosebumps', by travis scott began to play loudly. "oh baby i love this song, you know i love this song?" alice begins to sway slightly as me and vincent still stand there, staring at each other. "dance, babies, dance!" me and vincent shared a look then shrugged, as we all swayed along together.

we all took turns dancing with each other, me and alice giggling as we danced slowly and sensually. we all sawyed around, moving our hands up and down, letting the music and the heat swim it's way around us.

me and vincent began to dance with eachother, our foreheads pressed close to each other, staring into each other's eyes. he leaned in, his plump lips slowly hovering over my ear. "you are pretty gorgeous, you know." I giggled softly, shrugging as I spun around in his hand, able to catch a glance at alice, who seemed to be into the music immensely.

"guys i need to pee, let's go to the bar and you guys order some drinks and i'll pee, okay?" we all nodded, following alice to the bathroom, then taking a seat at the bar. we both ordered water with lemon and sat, talking casually.

"so how long have you known al?"

"my whole life. we've been through boyfriends together, our first periods together, even the occassional syncs." i giggle and vincent laughs, his hair bouncing nicely.

"so i'm assuming you have a boyfriend at the moment?"

"no," i shook my head, sighing softly. "i just haven't had the time, i guess." vincent nods softly, looking at his phone to check the time.

11:18 pm

"oh god, i have work in the morning, do you think we could talk later? or at the next party?"

"next party?" i asked, unaware this was more than a one time thing. i straightened my hairclips, making sure i looked presentable for the remaining moments until the alice got back from the bathroom, and her and vincent left.

"yeah, david and his friends throw crazy parties likes every week." vincent laughed, standing once he sees alice coming out, still clapped, but functioning a bit more.

they grabbed hands and smiled at me.

"oh, well maybe i'll come to the next one." i smiled at alice who needed aggressively.

"we'll be there, riah! we can't miss it. i'm going home with vinny tonight, so can you go home by yourself?" i nodded hugging alice then giving vincent a sensual hug.

"nice to finally meet you, vinny."