Chapter Eleven// Aftermath

Leya crawled out of the cabinet she was hiding in and stood close to Glenn. "Ido?" She whispered, her voice weak along with her body, tracking Hershel tiring her.

"We're looking for Dave and Tony and nobody checks the damn bar?" Said a voice from outside. 

"Shit," Glenn cursed. "Rick, we gotta get outta here." 

"Wait," Rick said. "If we leave right now, we'll seem hostile. We should tell them it was in self-defence."

"And if they don't believe us?" Hershel asked. "Rick, we're not going home unless all of us are." 

"That's why we'll get out of this." 

The voice from outside entered the bar, and Glenn lowered his shotgun so it was below the bar and not visible. 

"Hey, man," He said when he saw the two dead bodies on the floor. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" 

"It was self defence," Rick told them, tucking his gun back in its holster. "They threatened one of our own."

"Bullshit," The stranger spat on the floor. "If they was doing anything, it was because y'all were being the stupid ones." 

"So what were we supposed to do, hm?" Hershel prodded at the men. "Let them at us?" 

"I think you need a better attitude, old man." 

"Respect your elders." Hershel said with a straight face and a flat tone. He wasn't messing around. 

"Wait, what's that?" Asked the man as he pushed past Hershel. "Oh, that's one sweet little girl you got there. I'm guessing Tony and Dave wanted her? I can see why." 

Glenn gritted his teeth and switched the safety of his gun off. "Get away from us." 

The man didn't smile like Dave did. He just seemed interested. "All right, I get it, being protective and all, but you owe us something for killing Dave and Tony, give us something we want. And I want the little girl." 

"Get out of here and go to hell." Glenn told him, and the man didn't take things very well. 

The man pulled his gun out and pointed it straight at Glenn's head. "Okay, sweetheart, here's how it's gonna go: I'm gonna give to you to the count of three for you come here and you go with me, or I'll shoot this nice man who you seem to like very, very much in the head." 

Clinging to Glenn's side, Leya stared at the gun intently, too focused to appear scared. 

"One," 

Leya didn't move. 

"Two." 

She stayed as still as a stone.

"Three!" The man yelled, and he pulled the trigger of his gun, but nothing happened. "What the hell-" He began, but he didn't have any time to finish, as an invisible force threw him back against the wall, crashing on the bar and knocking over stools. 

Glenn had to quickly adjust his firearm so it was back on his shoulders so he could catch Leya before she fell over. Blood was running out of her nose, and a little out of her ears. He shifted her so she was holding on to him like a baby monkey does. 

"It's all right," He tried to comfort her, as the sound of her whimpering began. "She used her powers again today, guys, and after the barn and tracking you down," Glenn gestured to Hershel, "I think she's too tired to walk." 

"We're getting out the back way. Come on," Rick said, and the group followed him out the back door. 

"Guys, I think we oughta leave soon," Shouted another stranger from afar. "The noise is attracting more of those lamebrains and it's gonna be dark soon. Hey, Randall? What the hell you doing all the way over there?"