Lost Boy

"Let me see it!"

"Nooo!"

I quickly rushed down, tripping over fallen drumsticks and the broom. And even if I hadn't, my speed was no match for Luke's extremely long legs. In two jumps, he made it safely on the floor and took three long strides to make it out of the closet.

"I was bored, okay?" I shout. "It means absolutely nothing. You're still a jerk."

"Awww, and to think we had a connection up there." He winked at me, holding up my rough notebook.

"Well, sorry to crash your party, but we didn't." I said, getting up and running at him. I mean, what went on in that room, it didn't mean anything. We didn't even do anything, just hid from Powells. It was nothing.

Right?

"Oops, too short." He said, raising his arms high above me, waving it around.

"Ugh, you're such a bully, give it back."

"Nope." He turned the book upside down and looked at it as he held it up. His face changed from amusement to serious. He put the book down and held it. I took this as my chance and snatched the book away from him. "Thank you." I grinned. "What's wrong? Too mesmerised by how beautiful that artwork was?" I joked.

"Actually, yeah." He said, nodding. "It was, it was really good, Marley."

I looked at him for a moment. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I liked that drawing." He said, scratching his head. "Can I take a picture of it?"

"Are you serious?"

"What if I am?"

"You're crazy. This drawing is terrible. It's not even a drawing, it's just a stupid sketch." I quickly shut the notebook and put it on the table. "It's stupid."

"I like it."

"Well, you're stupid too." I said, smiling.

"And you say I'm the bully." He grinned. I laughed and poked him. "Always." I took out my phone to see the two messages that nearly got us into major trouble. And of course, I'm not surprised it's Kat.

Kat: Marls, where are you? Class started a while ago. You still in detention?

Kat: MARLEY WHERE HAVE YOU GONE I PASSED BY ROOM 420 AND IT WAS EMPTY WHAT HAPPENED PLEASE REPLY SOON :(

I smiled and shook my head. Kat was a real sweetheart and I always felt lucky to know she was always there for me.

Me: Looooooooooooooooong story, I swear :p

Me: I'll call you when I get home okay xx

Kat: DAMMIT WOMAN WHERE WERE YOU?!?!

Me: I'll tell youuuuuuuuuuuu please don't be so mad :(

Kat: YoU hAd Me So WoRrIeD!!!!111!!!1!!!!!111!!

Me: wth?? xD

Me: Chill, I'm alive <3 now concentrate on History :*

Kat: Faiiinneee <3

I locked my phone and went to collect my bag, stuffing my books in it and swining it over my shoulder. Luke was sitting on the window sill, on the phone with someone. "Yeah, tell mum I’m on my way back now… yeah it wasn’t too bad… nope, all good… yeah see you soon.. see ya!”