✧・゚:* ☆ I'M NICE LIKE THAT

Striding down the winding, dull halls of SHIELD's headquarters, Steve's chest was uncomfortably burning with anger while hot needles shot down his spine; feeling like his prickling skin was searing through his suit

This has to stop, I will not tolerate this secrecy bullshit any longer.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying can you?" Steve fumed in a venomous tone, abruptly barging into the once quiet office as Fury seemed unaffected by his accusation.

"I didn't lie." He confidently countered rising to his feet as his chair slid a few inches behind him; his words maintaining a calm, collected tone. "Agent Fitzgerald had a different mission than yours." He explained as Steve's brows intensely furrowed at his poor excuse.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve scoffed with agitation rolling of his tongue like wine, resting his released fists onto Fury's desk.

"I'm not obliged to do anything." Nick replied in a duh tone, effortlessly maintaining his flat expression.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick." Steve sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, softly shaking his head in annoyance.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury continued as his actions seemed clear as day in his own eyes, why wasn't it clicking with the stubborn soldier?

"Soldier's trust each other. That's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns." Steve argued solidifying his evident disagreement with Fury's methods.

"Last time I trusted someone I lost an eye." Nick continued tilting his head towards the soldier.
"Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Fitzgerald is comfortable with everything, I made her that way." He added as Steve's face momentarily contoured at his last sentence.

Made her.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own." Steve quarreled trying to get his obvious disagreement through Nick's thick mind.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all." Fury sternly asserted as Steve shook is head in disagreement.

"Except you." Steve spewed pursing his lips into a thin line.

"You're wrong about me. I share. I'm nice like that." Fury concluded as an amused smirk cracked across Steve's lips, his expression clearly reading, whatever.

———

I found myself lost in a haze, my mind far beyond the confines of a SHIELD facility common room; which was usually vacated by a few of the Avengers. Furthering into complete oblivion, my thoughts seemed like a lucid dream, with random, frivolous memories surging in and out of focus in an unorganized manor.