ɪɴᴛʀᴏ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟꜱʜ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ

Darlene Walsh was a benevolent, puzzling, brave, bold, strong minded and selfless woman

It was Part of the reason she became a Doctor—well a surgeon, it  was to help people, make herself useful.

She started out as an E.M.T It's actually how's she met her husband, Shane, she was responding to a dispatch call requiring a need of an ambulance, a officer had been shot.

It was Shane, but luckily it was a graze, and it was only his shoulder. The two hit it off and had been together ever since.

***

Walking alongside Lori, Darla looked to her friend who'd been upset about something all morning. "What's wrong Lor?"

"It's just you know....Rick. It's like he doesn't know when to just blow up, tell me I'm being a bitch, or—or tell me I sound crazy. He's just too calm." The grimes woman complained, causing Darla to chuckled.

"Yeah? I seem to have no trouble with that." Darla breathily chuckled running her hands through her long hair. "You and Shane? Fighting!?" Lori seemed shocked at the news.

"Believe it or not yes, we do. Shane just dun'int understand when I tell him that he needs to show up more for Jack and Daisy. He works late all the time, and one day Jacks gonna asks when he's gonna come home. And it's gonna break my heart to tell'em daddy won't be there until he's up in the morning. I don't want him missing their lives. I can't let it happen."

Lori hummed, Lori never really asked Darla about her marital problems, she only ever told Alice about her own. And Darla listened.

"I'm sorry, that sounds like hell."

"Oh well it's not that bad, he makes up for it." Darla shrugged "he's trying a little harder to Get off at 3 after Jack and Daisy get out of school, and has Saturday off to make it to jacks mini league game and to take Daisy out."

"Oh is that so? He's making it up to you how?" Lori questioned her brows raised, Darla turned to Lori a smug look on her face bouncing her brow. "Ohh! Wow!" Lori laughed "you have a good sex life?"

"The best, but that's not everything In a marriage." Darla points out, Lori scoffs "Rick and I haven't had sex in months, all this fighting is making us hate each other."

"I remember when Shane and I went through that patch, you'll get passed it." Alice encouraged, Lori nods taking her word for it, considering Shane and Darla had been together for 15 years.

"Yeah well I'll take your word for it."

Darla smiled small, her eyes diverting towards the cruiser pulling up seeing her husband get out of the car she scrunched her brows, he looked distressed and frantic. "Shane?"